Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Pro/Pro 2 iOS and Android Apps video Feed Issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tobor13
Tutor
Tutor

Let me start by saying that I have had 15 Arlo Pro/Pro2 cameras running flawlessly using 3 hubs for security on the perimeter of my house.  I use the iOS, Android, Apple TV, WEB App and Smartthings intergation adn have never had an issues.  I have 1Gb fiber to the house with Netgear's ORBI with 2 satelites that provide WiFi throughout my house.  

With the iOS and Andorid updates in June and then the one in August.  The 5 cameras connected to one of my hubs show offline intermittently.  Randomly they will reappear if I scroll up and down on the camera list screen, sometimes not at all.  Something changed in those releases that has caused intemittent camera offline.  I do not get this situation in either the WEB App, Apple TV or with teh Smartthings integration.  Also all cameras do alert adn save video to the cloud services.  So the root issue is a defect in these apps and they way they handle the video stream.

Other scenario are at times when I try to view video.  I will get the wait icon then it will go back to the statis picture.  Then I press view again adn then it will stream the video.  Other times when I press the view video a second time then the camera will go offline.  Another scenario is that I will press video stream button adn then the picture will stay static adn I will hear the sounds from the camera and there is no way to control, so the only way to stop is to shutdown the app.

These releases were not properly tested and what used to be a flawless app is not full of bugs.  In my opinion, the capability to add e911, Call A friend, activity zones, etc was not worth have these serious defects introduced into what was a great product. 

At this point I would perfer that to go back to the previous version of the apps that worked.  When are the defects going to be fixed?  This needs to be a super high prioirty for the engineering team.  I have called customer support and they are useless.  They advised me after several calls that this is a know issue with the releases and that engineering is looking into it.  Not ETA for fix provided.  Come on Netgear you can do better for your customers?

3 REPLIES 3
furby
Initiate
Initiate

This is an issue I am having as well.  The new app update is not working like it should and is now causing major issues.  I have had my Arlo's for years and hardly any issues.  Please go back to the previous version of the app, this one has too many bugs and is NOT working!! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo Development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have further information. For those experiencing this issue, consider logging out of the app and logging back in & test to see if the behavior persists.

Tobor13
Tutor
Tutor
The 2.6.2 resolved my issues described above, but what solved it too was removing the 3 camera WiFi hubs and just using 2. Adding the 3rd was causing some of my issues. This latest version has fixed the streaming issues from the summer releases. Thanks for the focus however looks like a couple others are having issues on the new iphone. Not seeing these issues on my iphone 7. Only thing i do notoce is that the video takes from 5-10 seconds to start streaming. I have ffinds that have the nest cameras and those strart streaming faster. Netgear you all need to step up your game to stay competitive. Especially at the premium price points.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation