Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO 4 WIRELESS SYSTEM CAMERA DOES NOT SYNC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
GrandpaJerry
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the ARLO PRO 4 system and receied it today.  I put the battery in a camera and tried to sync it following the instructions.  Instead of getting a blue light on the camera it blinked amber one ime followed by two quici amber blinks.  I tried s=yncing numberous times with the same results.  I thought the battery may nee charging so I plugger it in for 5 hours.  I never got a blue light signifying a full charge.  Instead I would get am amber blink every once in a while.  After trying to charge it I tried synching it again with the same results.  The other 3 cameras synched right away.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GrandpaJerry
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took the battery out of a good camera and tried it in the camera and it synched so I left it alone with the other battery.  I took the other battery and put it on the charger again.  After about an hour I got the blue light  so I put it in the camera I knew was good and nothing happened.  I took the attery out and rubbed the contacts on my jeans to clean them.  I put the battery back in the good camera and it synched.  Lesson learned.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap batteries between a working camera and the problem one. If the same thing happens, it's likely a bad camera. You should be able to swap at the store or open a case with support here for a possible RMA.

GrandpaJerry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.

GrandpaJerry
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took the battery out of a good camera and tried it in the camera and it synched so I left it alone with the other battery.  I took the other battery and put it on the charger again.  After about an hour I got the blue light  so I put it in the camera I knew was good and nothing happened.  I took the attery out and rubbed the contacts on my jeans to clean them.  I put the battery back in the good camera and it synched.  Lesson learned.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation