Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
CHEAPaWAY
Guide
Guide

ARLO PRO 2 (VMS4430P) release date for AUSTRALIA?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro 2 is now available in Australia, take a look here and click "Buy Now" for retailer options: Arlo Pro 2

JamesC

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

You're wasting your time asking. They don't even know in their support, customer services or engineering team; so there are two chances of getting an answer here; bob hope and no hope.

CHEAPaWAY
Guide
Guide

Great, that just MAKES ME want to rush out and buy this product due to their continued customer service then - NOT!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CHEAPaWAY,

I do not have any information on the release date for Australia at this time. Please keep an eye on our website for availability updates: https://www.arlo.com/au/

JamesC

Prices05
Initiate
Initiate

I want to purchase the Arlo Pro for my house reno that is finished in about a month. BUT I don't want to waste money on buying an old product when the Arlo Pro 2 is available in the US which addresses many of the complaints made by users on version 1. 

Is there a release date yet available?

OR if not will an imported US version work in Australia (assuming I use a local adapter for power)?

Thanks in advance. 

yeyemcgee
Initiate
Initiate

Is there a release date yet available?

OR if not will an imported US version work in Australia (assuming I use a local adapter for power)?

Thanks in advance. 

Thats my question exactly, an answer would be handy!

hawksboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo Team

Please advise if I imported an Arlo Pro 2 from the US and used an US to AU power adapter, would this work?

CHEAPaWAY
Guide
Guide

Yes it will....

Yes the only American to Australian adaptor work.

I purchased two units from the US a month or two ago to make up five cameras. I purchased a unit and two cameras, and a unit and 3 cameras. All of them work perfectlywith an adaptor or you can slightly twist the American plug with a pair of pliers does exactly the same job without damaging the adaptor.

CHEAPaWAY
Guide
Guide

I read somewhere that release date for the Arlo Pro 2 into Australia will be mid 2018 to the end of 2018. You are better off purchasing if you need it now from Amazon and getting it shipped over all up with conversion and freight it only cost me an extra $200 compared to the Arlo pro in Australia which is only 720 p resolution compared to 1080 p HD Arlo Pro 2 from America.

I purchased two units, 1 with 2 cameras and 13 cameras including two bases one as a spare as you can only use the Arlo cloud for up to 5 cameras it was a good option for expansion to have a second base station to allow an additional 5 cameras for free upload.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

When my Arlo Pro 2 arrived in the UK from the USA, I replaced the plug in the box with a Netgear power adapter from an old modem/router.

The batteries will charge from any USB charger.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro batteries require a Qualcomm Quick Charge-capable charger to charge.  That's due to the 9v at ~1.5A capability of the charger. A regular 5v-only charger will only run the camera but won't charge the batteries.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

jguerdat wrote:

A regular 5v-only charger will only run the camera but won't charge the batteries.

It did here.

Just plugged the micro USB lead from the camera to my usual charger.

Didn't take long to fully charge. I didn't try to keep track. But probably not much more than an hour. Maybe less. Quicker than many batteries.

I had to do this because the charger that came with my shipping from the USA is 120 volts.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your charger to see if it's supplying 9v as well as 5v.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

No. Just 5 Volts.

Just another user
Scriv
Aspirant
Aspirant

It will trickle charge form a 2v solar charger so 5v should do better than that and I can't see why it wouldn't charge the Arlo Pro 2. Not perfect but if it does the job???

alexxmc77
Guide
Guide
Arlo Pro 2 Release date for Australia??
CHEAPaWAY
Guide
Guide

**** WARNING **** UPDATE - ARLO PRO 2 - BASESTATION POWER ADAPTERS importing to Australia **** 

**** DO NOT USE ARLO PRO 2 - BASESTATION POWER ADAPTERS here in OZ as they are only 110v-120v ****

If you do as I did, buy a Arlo Pro 2 unit from Amazon or the like, the BASE STATION POWER ADAPTER come with american plug BUT are also 110v - 120v as I found out the hard way they fail after a week or so. Could quite easly have caught FIRE...... The trouble is the writting is so tiny you need good eyes or magnifying glass to read them.

So then I went to JAYCAR and simply purcahsed a whole new adapter 240V 1.5A for around $15.

The camera USB power adapter in the USA imported packs are fine to use here in australia as they are 100V - 240V and just need a plug converter.

Other Items Ive imported have had the 110V-250V adapters which we can use with a simple plug converter, but not the arlo base station adapters here in australia. 

DIzzyDragon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

Can you provide the specific model of adapter you picked up at JayCar? I'm in the same situation.

Bargainhunter70
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo Pro 2 is now available in Australia at JB Hifi 

Alistair15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Released !! Buy from Devicedeal.com.au  they have 2 and 3 pack

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro 2 is now available in Australia, take a look here and click "Buy Now" for retailer options: Arlo Pro 2

JamesC

Alistair15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Released !!   Get it from Device Deal

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation