Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Email notifications, library recordings, suddenly stop working COME ON GUYS!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

I have been posting this question on the community forum and have at least 12 email contacts with support (still open) and this continues.

Here is one post in detail:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-Pro-2-notifies-but-no-longer-records-Tried-quot-everythin...

But the case was closed as we thought a reboot would fix. I flew out to that location (for $1,000 air ticket) to do a manual restart and it worked for a few days and NOW IT IS BACK TO the same symptoms.  Not only that, my other locations are  starting to do the same.  In case you the link above doesnt work, here is a description again:

I have been battling this for a couple months and don’t consider myself a newbie.

What setup:
Arlo Pro 2 with 10 cameras, with the same setup in three different states.

What’s wrong:
At just one of my three locations, I get notifications of movement via the iOS app but no videos are recorded into the library nor emails are sent, despite the settings stating otherwise and was working fine prior to mid December. I have seen on rare occasion (say 5% of the time) that a video on a few cameras will indeed record but this is random on both time and camera).

How long this has occurred:
Since mid-December.

Why I know it is a problem:

I have the same Arlo Pro 2 setups installed in three different states. The other two locations are fine (UPDATE: As of 2/13 they now are having this problem) and all are running the exact same firmware on both the base station and cameras. Base (VMB4000r3) firmware: 1.9.4.0_15548 and camera (H3) firmware: 1.124.1.0_15483
I have not made any changes in settings from when it was working.
The firmware is up to date on both the base and cameras (since Netgear questionably pushes updates without our consent, checking firmware updates is really useless and actually may be the cause of the problem).
The temperature at the problematic location is warmer than the other two locations which work fine.
The Internet couldn’t be an issue as I can manually record and live stream fine.
Given that the problem exists across all 10 cameras of this location, it cannot be related to a camera.
I have seen others in the community state the same symptoms with no resolve.

What I have already tried:

A. Remotely reset the base station using the app (since I am 2,000 miles away - the whole purpose of security cams.

B. Verified the correct settings (which never were messed with since working) and even tried changing settings to “record” off and then back on again to hopefully trigger something. It is both "Armed" and set to "Record", "Push Notify" and "Send Email". The "Push Notify" works but not the other two. Yes, they are saved as returning to the menu multiple times over many weeks confirms this.

C. Searched the community for similar experiences only to find no solutions other than manually pressing the reset button which rarely seemed to have worked for most.

D. Waited several weeks hoping the same policy of Netgear of pushing out firmware updates without my consent (which I propose caused this) would push another out to fix this. Which they hasn’t so today I begrudgingly bought an $800 airline ticket to fly out there and take a hammer to the entire setup or press the darn manual reset button (I don’t see why this would be any different than doing it remotely from the app) and plead to Netgear to leave “my” cameras alone once they are working again.

E (NEW) I bought a $1,000 airfare/ticket and flew out to the location and manually reset the base station.  This appeared to help for several days.  AND NOW IT IS BACK TO DOING IT AGAIN!  ARGH!

F (NEW) Now my other two locations (totally different states, totally different Internet providers - one is Suddenlink 250Mbps, and the other is AT&T Gigabit 1Gbps upstream) so I know it is NOT the Internet!

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mhnatt,

I've reviewed your support case and given the number of cameras and base stations involved across multiple networks, I encourage you to continue working with support to find a resolution to the described issue. An agent has requested more information from you via your support case and has attempted to contact you via phone. Please let me know if are unable to respond.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation