Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tazzyb
Initiate
Initiate

I got this AC power message this morning.  I rebooted my base unit to no avail.  I’ve seen this appear in other conversations but no real solution.  Any solutions?

Thanks

82 REPLIES 82
ddaniel678
Tutor
Tutor

ddaniel678
Tutor
Tutor

CaptNible
Tutor
Tutor
Same here, see attached screen shot.
C-Red
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here going on a week now, but I noticed Arlo folks got the new feature “Call a Friend” in there!!
Hangarwatch
Guide
Guide

Since the Arlo upgrade on the 20th the interface looks a little different.  I’m OK with that.  I am getting error messages on all my cameras (10) that show power removed front the system and the activity areas won’t work.  I click the I’m OK with that and it momentarily goes away.  Then comes back.  There is AC power at the base station and I think I’m getting this message in error.  After removing the activity area from a couple of cameras the problem seems to go away, just on those cameras.  I need the activity area defined to help on false alerts.  I have a premier account.  This all worked fine until Arlo updated its OS.

Mgcaekdb
Tutor
Tutor

A lot of people are having this issue, myself included.  It is so aggravating for sure.  My wife has not ugraded her app and does not have the issue.  I talked to Customer Support and they said they will hopefully will have an update to fix the issue sometime next week.  Just crazy!  Too expensive of a product to not be able to use.  I acually had someone around my house the other day and couldn't get one of my cameras to connect live because it kept jumping back to that error message.

Dirks
Initiate
Initiate
Having same exact issues with “AC power disconnected from arlo device”. Not allowed to set zones and stopped recording motion detection.
Also, had the most unprofessional and unsettling experience with the toll free tech support.
Please advise the community when there’s a solution to this problem.
Thanks
Dirks
Initiate
Initiate
So it turns out, the initial tech support I had called is a fraud. Do not call the number from netgears.support website (888-537-1319).
I later spoke with an actual arlo rep at the number (408)638-3750 and they were very curtious and helpful. I was told the new app update will be available within the next 2-3 days.
DudeDad
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m out of town but received this today. Give it a shot.

This is Angelie, the Arlo Expert you have chatted about the updated App Version on your Phone that shows the error message about AC power adapter being disconnected. I do apologize for the confusion and the inconvenience this has caused you.

Here is the troubleshooting steps you will be followed to eliminate the incorrect error on AC power adapter:

Reset the base station
1. Get a pin/paperclip.
2. Press and hold the reset button until the lights would go amber.
3. Wait for two green lights.

Remove the base station under the Arlo account.
1. Go to "Settings"
2. Click "My Devices"
3. Select "base station"
4. Click "Remove Device"

Add the base station
1. Access your Arlo account.
2. Go to Devices tab.
3. Click Add Device
4. Select the base station and follow the prompt steps

Thanks again for choosing Arlo.

Best regards,

Angelie
Expert ID: 46513
NETGEAR Arlo Support

To send a follow-up response, click on the following link:
https://www.arlo.com/portal/onlinecaseupdate.aspx?val=9IHUJEc7/+x/SZZirYBIDBca7hZ9vIp95UOlkVj4pyv1Ff...

Alternatively, you may reply to this email to update your case.
Please note: Do not change the subject line of the email when replying.

Thank you for choosing Arlo!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dirks wrote:
So it turns out, the initial tech support I had called is a fraud. Do not call the number from netgears.support website (888-537-1319).

AFAIK, that number has never been on a Netgear support website.

CaptNible
Tutor
Tutor
JamesC,
As of 10/26/18, it appears that this app issue has been addressed.
Thank you
craigsalisbury
Guide
Guide

A couple of things,

If this was a device app issue, then the problem wouldnt affect the web interface which it does.

I have the same issue which started yesterday affecting the latest Android and IOS applications, the problem also exists with the web interface.

I have also deleted and reverted to the older Android app which makes no difference, as well as removing the base station and setting the damn thing up again.

This looks like a firmware problem which hit some snags when they flipped a switch on new apps, but I doubt its an app problem.

Interestingly mine didnt start with the message, I only found out when i tried to view the camera on a google home hub which couldnt stream, after looking into it, Arlo said the battery was dead and needed recharging (its plugged into AC outside). it took much fiddling to even get the thing back online, but then with the messages that theres a charging fault followed by no AC and activity zones have been disabled.

I have only had this thing 2 weeks, but if this is the kind of security I should expect, then its going straight back to amazon.

FatGav
Tutor
Tutor
Not in the uk CaptNible, nothing on Google play since 13th October.
craigsalisbury
Guide
Guide

correct, for android at least, version 2.6.1_22700 was released in the UK on the 23rd October, which hasnt addressed anything as my problem started yesterday.

is there an updated APK we can get hold of to try ?

Jreyes1931
Guide
Guide
I don’t see the error messages anymore and looks like my zones, motion, and live view are working well. Arlo, if you fixed it, thank you.
craigsalisbury
Guide
Guide

...still broken here 😕

ddaniel678
Tutor
Tutor
Seems ours is working. Hopes it stays fixed. Thanks to whoever fixed it.
craigsalisbury
Guide
Guide

do we have anyone outside the US fixed? im guessing they are rolling something out server side.

FatGav
Tutor
Tutor
Nothing yet in the UK for me.
It would be nice to be kept informed by Arlo. It's not like they don't have our email address! Very very poor customer service.
Cassius
Star
Star

Yup, mine works now too!  Hmmm, I think I like the old app better though.

Jerryd117
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Tazzyb wrote:

I got this AC power message this morning.  I rebooted my base unit to no avail.  I’ve seen this appear in other conversations but no real solution.  Any solutions?

Thanks

I resumed my camera with the base and that cleared the error message. 

craigsalisbury
Guide
Guide
Did you remove the camera and resync? This is on AC power, yes?
RayZ4U
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue as everyone else on this thread and is currently unresolved after calling tech support.  I am considering returning my Arlo Pro 2 cameras. 

Cassius
Star
Star

No, my app just started working again.  I think Arlo sent out an update.  I did call the support line to create a ticket.  Perhaps that helped, I’m not sure.

craigsalisbury
Guide
Guide

Still broken here in the UK, if you have been fixed, could you post your firmwares?

mine are currently:

Arlo pro 2 : 1.125.11.3_26229

Arlo Base : 1.12.0.0_27099

EDIT: just had an Android app update, but still broken 😞