Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JimBob75
Aspirant
Aspirant

My church is having a problem with the sporadic disappearance of our video library. I have been giving updates to various Arlo experts daily. Looking at the subject through a Google search I find that Library videos disappearing have been a problem since 2017. We have added local storage to one of our base stations. The second base station and the Go camera will be next. What I really need is to find out what is causing the problem. I would appreciate any help from the Arlo community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimBob75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the question. We polled everyone in the group and found that one of our members had been deleting videos thinking that she was just deleting them on her phone. I will let this community know if educating this young lady solves the problem. Thanks again for a very simple solution. I will also update Arlo if it works for us.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHile various things may be happening, who has access to the videos? Is it possible someone is deleting them, on purpose or accidentally?

JimBob75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the question. We polled everyone in the group and found that one of our members had been deleting videos thinking that she was just deleting them on her phone. I will let this community know if educating this young lady solves the problem. Thanks again for a very simple solution. I will also update Arlo if it works for us.

JimBob75
Aspirant
Aspirant

By covering to not delete any video we solved the problem. One of our members was deleting videos to free up space on her phone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the record, only downloaded videos take up local space.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation