Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

52M18479B16FB Pro2 Camera Not Detecting Motion . Worked Fine For 2 Days. Other Camera Doing Fine.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DLWelty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Pro2 cameras.  One (Garage) has worked perfectly from first moment.  No probelms

The other Pro2 (Front) was difficult.  First day, it picked up delivery of two packages. Did NOT pickup motion many times, after that. Garage camera picks up motion down driveway of school bus passing (with limited view).  Front camera did not pickup even the school bus.  Relocated Front twice. Reposition Front several times.  It did like the American Flag in the yard.  (Have temporarily removed flag, now.)  

Deleted Front.  Brought into house.  Did Add New Camera.  Picked up camera fine. Still not picking up motion, at all.

I notice the "ear" icon is not lit on that camera.  Yet, It does have sound when I view Live.

All equipment was purchased at same time through Amazon.  Assume camera should be working the same.

Getting frustrated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like a hardware problem. Open a case with support here.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Easy thing to do to see if it's the camera or location is to swap the two cameras.

See if the issue follows the camera to the garage

Also read the FAQs as to camera placement AND sense level adjustments

( the Pro2 will only pick up people to a max of 25 ft and it detects better when traffic is accross the field of view ( as opposed to straight on )

As to the EAR, in live view you over ride detection, the ear would be gray...the ear is black only when sound is used as detection... you must edit the mode you are using

https://kb.arlo.com/37/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-or-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Free-camera

https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DLWelty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now I understand the ear gray/black icon,  athough that is not my main problem.

I have swaped the two cameras.  "Garage" (formerly working great on garage, now located on front) is detecting motion and saving video to library.

The "Front" (formerly NOT working on the front of house, now located on the garage) is NOT detecting motion or saving video to library.

Exact field of view includes cross traffic (not straight on) to the cameras.

Initially they both worked for the first day.

Suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would remove the "bad" camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. See if that helps.

DLWelty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted the "bad" camera yesterday.  Brought it inside and "added new device."

It did not change anything.  HOWEVER, will try again.  The "bad" camera has started picking up audio, but no

motion activation.

Thanks for the advice.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like a hardware problem. Open a case with support here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation