Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

3 problems with Arlo Pro 2 not working right

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KathyInVA
Tutor
Tutor

I am having 3 problems with my Arlo Pro 2 system. I have made sure the base unit and cameras are all on the latest firmware. 

Problem #1: I have one camera setup to record for a fixed length of time when motion is detected. Motion is detected and it records, but only as long as it continues to see motion, ignoring the fixed length setting completely. When I go back into setting, the settings are still set to fixed length so I know it is saving my settings. How can I make it record the fixed length like its supposed to? 

Problem #2: I have one camera setup that when motion is detected, it triggers recording on another camera as well as records on the camera detecting the motion. Motion is detected, recording happens on the camera that detected the motion, but not the other camera. At all. Ever. When I go back into settings, it is still setup to record on that other camera (screenshot attached), so I know it is saving the setting, it just completely ignores it. The camera that is supposed to be triggered works on its own and records when motion is detected on it. How can I make camera #1 motion trigger camera#2 record? 

Problem #3: I have a USB drive in the hub. It has LOTS of free space but only seems to record about 7 days and then copies over itself... still with most space on the drive available. How can I fix this? 

4 REPLIES 4
arlo_guthrie
Tutor
Tutor

Following this thread -- I'm having the same issue with a rule not triggering a secondary camera. It started this week.

In fact, I missed an important view of a car prowler last night because the second camera didn't trigger on the motion rule.

KathyInVA
Tutor
Tutor
Just wanted to add... for the camera that is supposed to do fixed length recording, if motion is detected (like a quick bug buzzing by) but then there really isn't anything going on, it does seem to record the fixed length (46 seconds). But if real motion and real activity is happening when triggered, it only records a very short clip, to where it thinks no motion is happening anymore (but it is), which is precisely why I want fixed length to be used every time. This makes no sense. Frustrating
dl_foster
Guide
Guide

Has the triggering issue been resolved yet? I have three of my cameras set up so when they detect motion the other two should record. 90% of the time that doesn't happen. Only the camera that detected the motion is recording anything.

To this, I should add, I am experiencing an unacceptable amount of delay between the start of motion and when the recording begins. And there are times when there is motion, and it is not being recorded anywhere at all; I am sure there is motion because I am the one creating it.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

On Triggering issue, try changing each Cam's "Motion Sensitivity" differently..

Here's an Example:

Cam A Motion Sen = 100%  

Cam B Motion Sen = 99%

Cam C Motion Sen = 97% 

and so on... the trick is don't make all of them the same.. 

And on your recording, make it fixed lenght.. Example:

Cam A triggers Cam B and C

Cam B triggers Cam A and C 

Cam C triggers Cam A and B

Set Cam A to 60sec.  and Set Cam B and C to 58sec.. 

Set Cam B to 55sec. and Set Cam A and C to 52sec..

Set Cam C to 50sec and Set Cam A and B to 48sec..

This way you know the point of origin where the trigger started when it comes out to your Library..

Hope you get the idea.. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation