Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

3-Second Look Back Not Working?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Charjay
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have one of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras plugged in, but I don't think the 3-second look back is working. 1 out of 20 times it looks like it possibly worked but even then it looks like a "less than 1-second" look back (1 second before someone enters the field of view).

How do I get it to do a 3-second look back properly?
9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Charjay wrote:
1 out of 20 times it looks like it possibly worked but even then it looks like a "less than 1-second" look back (1 second before someone enters the field of view).

How do I get it to do a 3-second look back properly?

The buffering is hard-wired into the camera, so there are no settings to control it.  

Most likely, the motion detection itself isn't being triggered right away.  You could try tuning that with the motion detection test.  Changing the camera positioning can help, there are some tips on that here: https://kb.arlo.com/000051462/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-Pro-2-camera

Charjay
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just tried something: I stood directly below the camera, out of sight, and got onto a step ladder and waved my hand directly in front of the camera for 1 second and then pulled my hand away. The video that is recorded and saved doesn't even show my hand. That means the look-back feature definitely isn't working. It isn't being initiated by the plugging in of the camera.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Charjay wrote:
I just tried something: I stood directly below the camera, out of sight, and got onto a step ladder and waved my hand directly in front of the camera for 1 second and then pulled my hand away. The video that is recorded and saved doesn't even show my hand. That means the look-back feature definitely isn't working. It isn't being initiated by the plugging in of the camera.

If you could put a clock that counts seconds in the background, it might give you more precise information on when the recording starts.  For instance, move your hand into the field of view, and just keep it there for a while.  Note the time on the clock when you move your hand, and compare that with what you see on the recording.  This could be repeated with/without power.

You might also want to test this with a second camera, and see if it has the same issue.

Another option is to contact Arlo support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Charjay
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried it with and without it plugged in, and the delay is the same. There is no look-back happening. I've tried it with all 4 of my cameras and they are all doing the same thing. No look back happening.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Charjay wrote:
I tried it with and without it plugged in, and the delay is the same. There is no look-back happening. I've tried it with all 4 of my cameras and they are all doing the same thing. No look back happening.

Assuming you are seeing the status as AC powered in the app/web client, then I think contacting support is the next step -  unless @JamesC (or one of the mods) has another idea.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Charjay,

How do you have the camera plugged in? Are you using a solar panel or the standard power adapter?

For more information on look back, take a look here: How does the Look Back feature work on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

Playboi1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im having the same problem with the pro 3. I have them plugged in and It's not working. It will show the object coming on the screen but when you play the video it be almost out of camera view
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi I've just purchased the PRO3 and I have the same issue did you sort this on the pro3?
Playboi1
Aspirant
Aspirant
No still not working
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation