Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Sandroo
Star
Star

I activated 2-step on iPhone 11max and iPad mini. Nothing happened.  Both devices show as “trusted,” the switch for two-step is on (green), and the tool invites me to add more trusted devices. Still getting the alert “Activate 2-step by November 30 or else!!”  And 2-step doesn’t work.  I don’t get a text with OTP nor a screen requiring this, it just logs in without 2-step.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you are logging in from a trusted device, It will not ask or send a code to login.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you logging in to the devices you allowed as a trusted device or logging in through separate devices?

Sandroo
Star
Star

I'm logging in exclusively from trusted devices. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you are logging in from a trusted device, It will not ask or send a code to login.

Sandroo
Star
Star

Thanks ShayneS, now I feel silly.   But - silly or not, I was concerned enough to ask the community because I keep getting an urgent sounding email to activate 2-step, even though I already did.  On other online accounts, I’ve always received an OTP text the next time I log in. THEN the opportunity to trust the device. That way, 2-step activation is tested, I know it works.  The Arlo  app doesn’t behave that way.  You add a trusted device on the same screen  where you turn on Two-step. It’s never tested. It didn’t seem to work.  Now I know - the only way to test is by logging in on an untrusted device. 

Sorry for the long explanation. Problem solved.  It appears the urgent warning to activate by November 30 is sent from a list that does not remove users who already activated. That’s actually more annoying than helpful.  You might elevate the suggestion to refine the email list before sending again.

thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you happen to have a screenshot of this message & how often are you receiving this message? 

Sandroo
Star
Star
Sorry for the delay, I searched mail and found the first notification was email, months ago. Only one email received. My error, it’s not email notices, it’s pop up messages when you log in. Just now got another one, screen shot below. The pop ups appear regardless of the fact that 2 step is already activated. Thanks
Jim99
Guide
Guide
Sandroo
Star
Star

Two-step was working all along.  The reason I didn't get verification, ie; a one time code sent to me to enter, is because I was logging in from a Trusted Device.  You designate Trusted Devices when you set it up.  It's easy to see the list of trusted devices, in Settings - Profile - Login Settings.  I designated my phone as a trusted setting.  That means when I log in from my phone, it doesn't require 2-step verification.  

SOLVED

OP1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can not login to app, getting message to "download our new Arlo app or Disable Two-Step Verification"

Remover Arlo and download and installed "Version 2.8.0_25778" the latest

Can not login to Disable Two-Step Verification

Any help on how to fix?

Don Whitcomb

dcfox1
Master
Master

@OP1 wrote:

Can not login to app, getting message to "download our new Arlo app or Disable Two-Step Verification"

Remover Arlo and download and installed "Version 2.8.0_25778" the latest

Can not login to Disable Two-Step Verification

Any help on how to fix?

Don Whitcomb

Are you using the newer Arlo app, not the one from years ago. Your version of the app is not close to the new one for Android or IOS. Search "Arlo" in your app library for the latest app. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation