Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 cameras show offline after power outage. Away from home. Can this be fixed remotely?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Steve0426
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All I am away from home and after a power outage 2 camera haven't come back online can this be fixed remotely .??

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

What error are you getting from the cameras?

You can reset the base unit remotely but you risk losing what you have working already.

Steve0426
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thats what i am worried about , i was hoping that i could just restart the affected cameras and see if they  reconnected i dont realy want to shut down the whole unit as like you say i could end up with nothing working .

Dannybear
Master
Master

You should consider the risk to your property firstly.
Be aware, that if the missing cameras are on battery then the longer you leave it the more likely they will discharge rapidly and likely you would then spend hours trying to recharge them from a completely dead state when you return.
If you’re missing cameras are just to look at the view then I recommend waiting until you return.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For remote sites, I like to suggest a UPS for your modem, router and base to prevent issues due to even brief power outages. It may also be worth installing a WiFi switch such as a WeMo on the base power cord so you can remotely power cycle the base since you can't restart it if the base is offline.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation