Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 arlo routers, 1 iphone

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jtravers88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 arlo routers in different houses. My iphone has the arlo app and has been working great with the arlo cameras in one house. Is it possible to connect a second router into the app. I don't see any options for this in the app.

10 REPLIES 10
brh
Master
Master

@jtravers88

There is no limit to the number of base stations you can have on one account. Since the cameras are tied to an email account it doesnt matter if you have more than one location with the exception if you exceed the 5 camera limit to the free plan. If you set the base stations up using one email account you should see all of them. If you set them up using two different email accounts, you could remove the base and cameras from the second account and add them to the first accunt. Or, grant access back and forth between the two accounts.

Brian

jtravers88
Aspirant
Aspirant

The one email account I now have is a 6 camera system. 5 are running. If I were to go to that house, the arlo app on my iphone would offer me the ability to add a camera. As I sit in the other house now, with the 2 camera system, I see the 5 cameras from the existing account under 'devices', and at the bottom it has 'Base Station and bridge'.. If I touch that, I get options such as 'Restart', and 'Remove Device'. I see no option for adding another router.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the + at the top of the Devices tab to add the new base.

jtravers88
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked. Thanks. And my phone detected it, I set up one camera. Then it said it needed to do a software update. Then it showed the room thru the camera. For 10 seconds. Then the base had 1 yellow light on left. phone screen for camera went dark. After rebooting the base, it is green lights. But now my phone won't detect the base again. I had deleted the entry to start again. Did I hose up the base? Possibly turned it off during update?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The power LED has to stay green. Once claimed, the base cant then be discovered or claimed again. If you deleted the base from Settings, My Devices again, start all over, making sure both the power and Internet LEDs are green and the Camera LED is off or amber.

jtravers88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that. My Devices, + sign, follow prompts except it won't recognize it again. Only difference from what you described is that all 3 lights are on. Should I take the batteries out of the 2 cameras?

jtravers88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Phone won't discover it again. If it won't discover or 'claim' it again, I don't see what I can do but take it back and get another one. 

brh
Master
Master

@jtravers88

Go to Settings > My Devices. Do you see both base stations?

Brian

jtravers88
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. I see the router and 5 cameras set up at the other property. After I set up one camera the first time, and it was working, the light on left turned yellow and other 2 were blank, and camera screen went black. I removed the base on my phone, unplugged the base, rebooted it to get green lights and went to discover it again, which is my only option. The newer base is not appearing in the Arlo app at all. And won't be recognized again. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect the base is bad since you saw the power LED go amber at one point. I'd swap at the store.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation