Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kandladams
Aspirant
Aspirant

My parents have moved from a private residence to an assisted living facility and brought their Arlo Pro 2 system with them - a base station and 4 cameras that were all connected and working properly when they moved.  We are working on setting up the system in their assisted living unit. They have their own internet service per the requirements of the facility instead of accessing the WiFi in the facility.  We have successfully synced 2 of 4 cameras but cannot sync the remaining  2 cameras. 

The blue LED light will blink slowly as it is trying to pair with the base, and then will blink quickly but never completes the sync.  I have tried every suggestion that I can find through the community posts and the support articles and nothing works.  Batteries are charged,  I've tried with the power cable plugged in to the phone instead of the battery, I've unplugged the base from the modem and power, I've restarted the base unit, I've logged out and in from her app - all in the sequences described in the articles and all potential fixes attempted multiple times - nothing has worked.  Any other ideas

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There really no reason to have to set up again since all the system needs is Internet access to the Arlo servers. You should have been able to unplug the system, moved it and turned it back on in the new location. Exactly what did you do to move the system?  Have you tried the factory reset procedure? Is there a VPN being used anyplace?

kandladams
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I realized as I was setting the system back up that I should have just been able to move it over without doing anything other than unplugging it and plugging it back in to power and internet.  I was coordinating so many other things for the move at the same time that I didn't think through the process.  All I did was remove the 3 cameras from the system via the app before moving.  I didn't change any settings.  But 2 of the cameras have synced with no issue.  There is no VPN involved and yes I did a factory reset on the base station but I just found a post about doing a factory reset on the cameras which I didn't do, and trying to sync with the AC power cable attached and the battery out which I haven't tried, either.  I will attempt both of those options next time I visit.  All of the batteries were all fully charged, though - I did that before trying to sync any of them - and none had been allowed to completely discharge.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're doing a system reset, be sure to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. I would also hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. There is no reset for the cameras other than to pop the battery out and back in. Claim the base normally and then sync the cameras by briefly pressing the base sync button (don't hold it for 2 seconds) and then a camera button. You don't need to use the app for these cameras.

kandladams
Aspirant
Aspirant
I might not have done the base reset correctly, then. If I am understanding you correctly, I remove all devices in settings first, then hold the reset button until the base LED flashes amber, then add everything back to the account, correct? Just want to make sure!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup. Removing all devices should cause the base to reset itself but the additional press and hold (>10 seconds) of the reset button doesn't hurt.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation