Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Log
Initiate
Initiate

I have two cameras outside. One at my front door. The other in my driveway. Each camera is far from each other on different sides of the house. When the front door camera senses motion the driveway camera records also (it’s not suppose to). When the driveway camera senses motion and records, the front door doesn’t get triggered (which would be correct). Is there a setting or something that I missed? To save battery I don’t want the driveway camera recording for no reason.

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Log wrote:
I have two cameras outside. One at my front door. The other in my driveway. Each camera is far from each other on different sides of the house. When the front door camera senses motion the driveway camera records also (it’s not suppose to). When the driveway camera senses motion and records, the front door doesn’t get triggered (which would be correct). Is there a setting or something that I missed? To save battery I don’t want the driveway camera recording for no reason.

Check your modes and rules.  It is possible to have more than one camera record as a result of an event on one camera.  You may have set this up by accident when you set up the rules.  Edit the rule for the camera that should be recording and see if the camera that should not be recording is also a part of that rule.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Log

What firmware is the cameras & base station running? Have you tried to reboot the base station or remove & re-sync the camera that is giving you the issue?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation