Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Waterallaround
Aspirant
Aspirant

1 Arlo Pro 2 Camera has stopped recording to library and pushing alerts, other 3 cameras work fine. I do not have a subscription but use the 7 day free plan that came with by Arlo Pro 2 system.

I have read the posts and tried reading support and have tried all of the following with no luck:

1) Remove battery in camera and turn off base stations. Turn on base station then replace battery in camera.

2) In the app remove and then re-add the camera.

3) Press and hold the sync button for 15 seconds to factory reset camera, then re-add the camera.

4) Safely ejected local storage and the restarted the base station from in the app.

While the 1 camera will not record or alert it is online, I can live stream but it will not respond to motion to record and alert.

All help is welcome.

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
You need to add a new camera rule into the armed mode for that camera.
Configure the rule to record and to push notifications etc.

Look for detail on how to setup modes and rules in the users manual.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Waterallaround wrote:

While the 1 camera will not record or alert it is online, I can live stream but it will not respond to motion to record and alert.

I suggest confirming that you can make a manual recording while live streaming (likely you can).

In addition to checking the rules as @Dannybear suggests, I would also try the motion sensitivity test.  That's the first section in this article: https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

If that also fails, I suggest first cleaning the camera face - just to make sure nothing is blocking the PIR (passive infrared) sensors.

Waterallaround
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I can confirm:

Yes I have created a new rule, and no it is not working.

Yes the camera will make manual recordings.

I have tested the motion detection test and it did not work, no light or other response.

I then cleaned the face of the camera and same result, it’s still not working.

I can however confirm that the camera records when audio is detected. To be clear I have switched on both audio and motion sensors in the rule. The recordings are only labelled audio.

Any advice on the motion sensor is welcome.

Waterallaround
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I can confirm:

Yes I have created a new rule, and no it is not working - As is could not delete the rule in armed mode I created a new mode and created the new rule there, no joy. I did also try changing the existing rule in the armed mode over to motion and audio and as below the audio worked.

Yes the camera will make manual recordings.

I have tested the motion detection test and it did not work, no light or other response.

I then cleaned the face of the camera and same result, it’s still not working.

I can however confirm that the camera records when audio is detected. To be clear I have switched on both audio and motion sensors in the rule. The recordings are only labelled audio.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Waterallaround wrote:

It sounds like the sensor has failed.  Unfortunately if that's the case, it's not repairable.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Interestingly I just had one of my outdoor pro2 cameras fail the same way.
Happened after a battery change. The camera would live view and record ok, just not triggering on motion at all even using the motion test utility. Restart and power cycling of base station had no effect and cleaning of cameras front face made no difference. I was able to get it working again by removing the camera battery for 12 sec then replacing it.
As I had to remove the camera from it’s mount to replace the battery I guess it could have been a mechanical induced fault with the motion sensor component, or just a firmware quirk.
Waterallaround
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice, just tried that and no go.

Thanks, I think I’m using my extended warranty next.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation