Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Blue LED blinks once

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jfett
Follower
Follower

One of my cameras recently died. It was on my garage being powered by an Arlo solar panel. I pulled it down and plugged it in. I does not turn on. So I grabbed another one of my cameras and did some trouble shooting. I took the battery from my working camera and plugged it into the dead camera. The dead camera powered on and worked fine with the alternate battery. I then plugged the solar panel into the previously dead camera and received this message: "onnect a compatible arlo charger". I swapped it to the other camera and received the same message. So confirmed my camera is working, but something is wrong with the solar panel. 

I then tested batteries. I took the battery from the dead camera and put it in my other camera. Does not power on. I plugged the camera in directly to wall power. Does not power on. So that battery is dead. I grabbed a spare battery I had and put it in both camera to test. In both cases, when I plug the camera in to charge with the battery, the LED blinks blue once, and then shuts off. The camera then will not connect to the network, even though 1 blue LED flash is supposed to indicate camera powered on. 

To summarize with 2 questions:

1. Is my Arlo solar panel dead? Or can I make it work again with my Arlo cameras? 

2. Is my spare battery faulty because it blinks once but does not power a confirmed working camera?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jfett wrote:

2. Is my spare battery faulty because it blinks once but does not power a confirmed working camera?

Try the procedure here: https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

@jfett wrote:

1. Is my Arlo solar panel dead? Or can I make it work again with my Arlo cameras? 

It might be.  Did you examine the cable and connector for damage?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation