Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why are you charging a subscription for recording videos when your older camera systems didn’t?

Why are you charging a subscription for recording videos when your older camera systems didn’t?

I had an older version of the Arlo cameras that recorded videos and didn’t charge me. It broke after using it for less than a year. I bought a new camera system and now I have to pay for recoding. I don’t need 1080p or any of the extra features, just to record events. It seems like you are adding features some of don’t need and charging us to use those features we don’t need. I feel ripped off.
View Entire Topic
JamesC
Community Manager

Depending on which new model Arlo camera you purchase, it will come with a 3-month trial subscription for Arlo Smart. This plan not only enables cloud recordings but also allows access to many smart features giving you control over the notifications you want to see, easier identification of triggered events, and more.

For more information on Arlo Smart and what the benefits are, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000056583/What-is-Arlo-Smart-and-how-can-I-benefit-from-it