Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello - the sensors for my security system only show temperatures in Celsius in the iOS app. I can’t get them to read out in Fahrenheit. 

I’ve tried talking to two different support folks and they’ve not resolved the problem. They keep linking me to the same knowledge base article, which is incorrect: https://kb.arlo.com/000062899/How-do-I-change-the-displayed-temperature-to-Celsius-or-Fahrenheit-on-...

I say incorrect, because that article tells you to go to App Settings. However, the App Settings only show App Theme settings - not temperature unit settings.

I did find temperature unit settings, but it’s under the Location Settings. When I go there the Fahrenheit option is already selected. Even if I change it to Celsius, then back to Fahrenheit, nothing changes. I’ve restarted the base station, no change.

Please help! Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I not upload screenshots? That’d be hugely helpful if I could…I can share a screenshot showing the temp in Celsius.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tysongach wrote:

Can I not upload screenshots? That’d be hugely helpful if I could…I can share a screenshot showing the temp in Celsius.

You should be able too (not sure if that ability is linked to a number of posts).

Do you see a camera icon next to the smilely face in the toolbar above the posting box?  The format need to be either jpg or png.

There is also a file attach underneath the posting box - that is also limited to jpg and png images.

tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do now! Yes, perhaps that wasn’t available before as it was my first post.

Here’s a screenshot from the app - my expectation is that this little 10 should instead be showing in Fahrenheit (50 degrees).

IMG_4012.PNG

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you add a sensor card to your dashboard to display temperature, does it display in Fahrenheit?

JamesC

tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh, good idea. Yes, it does!

tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC Do you work for Arlo? Are you able to file a bug to get this fixed?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tysongach,

Yes. I've passed this along to the dev team.

JamesC

tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wonderful - thank you so much! I was going in circles via support chat and wasn’t getting anywhere. Seems like this community forum is a much better place to have conversation and find resolution!