Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ArloUser913
Follower
Follower

I have several pre-purchase questions:

1.   Will my 55 pound dog's movement set-off the motion sensor?

2  How close does the sensor need to be to a smoke/CO2 alarm in order to "listen"?

3.  I use two different entry doors.  Will the system allow two keypads?  If so, I do not see online an option to purchase an additional keypad. 

4.  The product info for the sensor provides specs as if the sensor is placed at a height of 3-feet.  Is that low height really what you recommend?  What are the specs if the sensor is placed at a more normal height of like 6 or 7 feet.

5.  If the system is not armed, will it still provide a  "chime" when a door is opened?  

6.  You say that the keypad needs to be installed on a flat surface, but all of the pictures have it sitting atop a countertop.  Can I install the keypad on a flat wall by our entry door?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Probably but there is a setting for the sensor to help eliminate pet activity. I don't know what the threshold for that is but certainly worth a try.

2) There's no real spec for that since it depends on so many things. I would try to keep the distance as small as possible with as straight a path as possible so objects don't deflect/absorb the sound. Testing would be needed to account for your environment.

3) I don't believe a second keypad is in the offing. You'd likely need to buy a second system.

4) Unlike the cameras which suggest keeping them out of reach, the sensors have limited range and likely wouldn't be subject to moving/theft. My guess is that it may be a battery life issue, too.

5) There's a setting in the sensor settings to toggle whether a chirp is made. You could also set up a rule in the Standby mode for the door sensor to send alerts if you wish.

6) As currently designed, you need to lay it on a flat surface. I suspect that's for the motion sensor and not any other functionality.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ArloUser913,

3) An accessory solution will be available in the future for this. Only one keypad sensor hub can be added to each location.

JamesC

Yuzil
Aspirant
Aspirant

> 3) An accessory solution will be available in the future for this. Only one keypad sensor hub can be added to each location.

That's good to know. This is definitely a key need for me as well, and I look forward to the keypad accessory becoming available. Thank you for sharing this.