Changing Primary PIN on my Security System

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Okay, here’s the thing. I want to change the primary pin value for my security system. To do that, within Settings, there is the Home option and within that there is the PINS option. So far so good. Now when I click on the PINS option, my Face ID is accepted, and I get this “Please wait…” message with that spinning wheel above it. The problem is that it just keeps on spinning, FOREVER. Anyone knows what is causing that and how to fix it?

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rtbartz,

If you log out of the mobile app, and log back in. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Logging off, then back on did not resolve the problem. Nor did offloading the app (not same as deleting) and reloading the app resolve the problem. I will try deleting the app then downloading it again, but am hesitant to do so as I don’t know what setup I would have to go through again.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rtbartz,

Reinstalling the mobile app won't require you to do any device setup again. You can simply log back in using your account credentials after the installation is complete.

Are you still experiencing the issue after reinstalling?

JamesC

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC,

Yes, the problem persists after the reinstall. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rtbartz,

Are you using iOS or Android? What make/model is your mobile device?

Do you experience the same behavior if you try changing using the web client from a PC at https://my.arlo.com/#/login

JamesC

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max. When I go to that web site, it only allows me to manage my subscriptions and my profile. There is nothing on the web like I see when I log on to my Arlo Secure account on my iPhone. Is there an Arlo Secure on the web?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rtbartz,

Yes. When logging in to the web client (or mobile app) you should be able to follow the instructions listed here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062803/How-do-I-modify-my-Security-PIN-for-my-Arlo-Home-Security-System

I've sent you a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi James.

When I go to my.arlo.com on my iPhone or iPad, I can only manage my subscription. When I log on to my.arlo.com on my laptop, the result is as if I had opened the Arlo Secure app on my iPhone or iPad, meaning I can navigate to the PINs option.

The result however is the same.  I click on PINs and am presented with the requirement to enter my Arlo account password to manage my Security pin. I enter my password, click on Submit and it tells me to Please Wait. So I wait and I wait until the cows come home, never seeing any cows come home.

When you click on PINs, do you have to enter your password to continue? The steps listed in what you sent me makes no mention of having to provide the password.

By the way, I very much appreciate your help with this issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was released that should resolve this issue. Please test and let me know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi James. The problem did not get fixed with the release, even after I logged out then back in. I created another log file but can’t find the email address you had me send the previous log file to. Please reply with that email address and I will send the log file to you. Thanks