Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Beak62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. I am a newb to this. I purchased the Home Security system with the keypad and 5 all in one sensors.

The first problem was the app doesn't mention it and the first thing the app requested is an ethernet link to the panel but there is no port for ethernet. So I don't know if I need a hub as well, but I am stuck as the app will not connect.

Any help greatly appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The security hub does not use Ethernet - it uses WiFi. This sounds like you chose to install a base station or SmartHub instead of the security system. Make sure you have the latest app since older versions won't offer the ability to add a security system.

Beak62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I downloaded the software just yesterday. But I will keep an eye out. Still no connection to smart hub. The instruction do seem to belong to another program. Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Beak62 wrote:

Still no connection to smart hub. 

Did you purchase a smart hub (VMB4540 or VMB5000) in addition to the Home Security System?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The smarthubs look like this:

smarthub.png

Beak62
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. Its just a keypad with 5 all in one sensors. It has no ethernet capability or port.20230701_133804.jpg

Beak62
Aspirant
Aspirant

The first thing the arlo app wants is ethernet. The support page says the hubs wont work with the all in one sensors. It is supposed to be standalone. Thanks for your help.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Beak62 wrote:

No. Its just a keypad with 5 all in one sensors. It has no ethernet capability or port.

Then when you "add device" are you seeing the security system as an option?  That is what you need to select.

security.jpeg

Note you have to do this from the app - NOT the browser.

Beak62
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. I cannot select security system. It is not on the app I downloaded this morning.

Beak62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any idea where I can get the right apk? Thanks for your help

Beak62
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess I'm an aspirant because I'm choking on my own bile here. I hope the techs scope these boards.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Where are you located? Not all locations may be able to install a security system yet.

Beak62
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in Canada and that is the problem. Hoping someone can give me the correct apk or tell me whether to bring the system back to Duluth Mn. Its about 450mile round trip.

The system is perfect for what I need too. C'est domage.

Beak62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bumping the discussion in the hope that someone in the know may see this question. The question is when the security systems will work in Canada. Does anyone know this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Beak62 wrote:

The question is when the security systems will work in Canada. Does anyone know this?

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) to call their attention to your posts.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Beak62 

The Home Security System is currently not available in Canada. Please stay up to date on arlo.com for any future updates.