Keypad Sensor, All-in-One Sensor, Motion Detector and Pets and False Alarms

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WoodyTBeagle
Follower
Follower

Newly installed Arlo Security System with Hub and Five Sensors.   We have two Beagles - both under 35lbs.  

I configured one of the All-in-One sensors to also detect motion - but turned on pet sense.  In our first time setting the Alarm for Away, we had a false alarm.   I was in a gym class and away from my phone - so the monitoring attempted to get in touch with me, and then dispatched police.   When I was out of my class, my phone was lit up with alerts and had to disable the alarm, call the monitoring service, inform the police to not come.   When I got home, it was very clear it was a false alarm.  

What I think happened was, while the all in one sensor was set to Petsense, the Hub does not appear to have this option.  I think the motion detector on the Hub probably read our pets and then set off the alarm.  

I know I can disable the motion detector on the Keypad Hub - but can't locate a way to add Petsense to it.  

Since the false alarm incident, we disabled the motion detectors.  

Ideally, they would detect motion, but not issue false alarm with our pets.  

Anyone have a good solution?  

Ideas

1.  Turn Down Sensitivity and try to find a level where the Beagles would not sent it off but a person would.
  2.  Set the motion sensor to alert when motion detected, but turn off Panic Actions (don't contact monitoring, don't sound sirens).  That way at least I get a notification and can run home if needed or ask for Police to go if I'm worried about a break in, but not set off a loud alarm and freaking out the dogs unnecessarily.  I have a doorbell and a floodlight cam that cover the entrances, and if I see that one of them also saw something I could have the police sent.  
  3. Add an interior cam to make sure nothing is happening inside the home.  
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WoodyTBeagle,

Petsense is not available on the Keypad Hub. Given the details you've provided here, it may be best to either disable motion detection on the keypad hub or find a sensitivity setting on the hub that does not detect the pets. This would require some trial and error testing to find a sensitivity level that meets your needs.

JamesC