Profile Functions (Pool Mode?)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Krieger0311
Guide
Guide

I recently installed my security system and had two observations. 1- it isn't very loud at 100%.  I have a decent sized house but pretty average overall. I can hear it on the main level but barely at all in my basement or upstairs rooms with the door shut. It would be nice to have a louder volume option or maybe even an alarm "relay" speaker.

2- Is there no way to have the alarm go off instantly under arm-away or arm-home? One minute seems to be the fastest option- what if I want the alarm to go off the minute a door or window is opened while I'm sleeping?

3rd- I have a swimming pool and would love to roll everything into my Arlo Security System- and this seems like an easy market for Arlo to go after by adding a "pool" profile that would cover the requirements of most municipalities/state laws. Such as- instant alarm for windows opened that lead to the pool, and a louder/specific tone for specific doors opened (such as the pool door).

As it stands now I can't find a way to configure this because 1- there is no way to trigger instant alarms for specific windows/doors, and 2- the chime for a door/window opening is not nearly loud enough to hear if a child were to sneak out to the pool and I wasn't standing within 10 feet of the system.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be interested to hear them! Otherwise this seems like a great feature-request for Arlo that would attract an entire new market for them.

I like the idea of the system but it seems to me like Arlo isn't capitalizing on many of the features I'd expect from a "Smart" Home Alarm. As it stands, it's just a very expensive version of the same $20 door sensors you can buy on Amazon except you can also make it call the police/fire if you need that feature. 

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Krieger0311,

Thank you for the feedback. I will attempt to address some of your concerns below:

Volume- The siren volume cannot be adjusted and is always set at maximum.  In the future, keypad accessories will be made available for environments like yours that may need additional coverage for the siren.

Alarm delay -  You can adjust this from 0 seconds to 3 minutes. The adjustment options can be found using the steps here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062780/How-do-I-configure-an-entry-or-exit-delay-for-my-Arlo-Home-Security-Sy...

JamesC