Arlo security hub

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DanielH123
Follower
Follower

Is there a way to purchase an additional arlo security hub? Ideally, I’d like one upstairs and a separately connected one downstairs. 

3 REPLIES 3
Stan89
Aspirant
Aspirant

I assume that you are are asking about adding an additional base station? If so, the answer is sure. All you need is to run another Cat5 cable to your Internet router, providing you have a free jack on the router to plug it into. Set it up, and you are off and running. You can have both on the same Arlo account, or separate account, but both on the same account would be better, especially for monitoring everything in the same app. Just give the second Arlo base station a different name from the first one. i.e. Upstairs Base and downstairs base, or whatever you wish...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stan89 wrote:

I assume that you are are asking about adding an additional base station?

The security hub is part of the new security system and does not connect like a base or SmartHub and cannot be used to connect cameras to it. 

As for the OP's question, I don't believe the security hub is available separately and likely never will be. You would need a new system and set it up as such. However, I don't know how that would work with locations and subscriptions. @JamesC or @ShayneS ?

Stan89
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for the misinformation and for steering the OP wrong. Glad that there are people on here that know more than myself and can catch these mistakes... Again, my apologies...