Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Home Security System makes protecting your entire home easier. The very first compact All-in-One Sensor with 8 different detection functions helps protect doors, windows, rooms, and more. And with Professional Monitoring, 24/7 Live Security Experts monitor your home, so you don’t have to. Protecting your everything has never been easier.

Keypad Hub with Built-in Sensors

• Controls your security system and has integrated sensors for motion, smoke and CO alarm listening

Smarter Security with All-in-One Convenience from Each Sensor. 8 detection functions in one compact design:

• Motion Detection
  • Open/Close
  • Water Leak
  • Tilt
  • Light
  • Temperature
  • Smoke Alarm Listening
  • CO Alarm Listening

Superior Connectivity with SecureLink

• Get more range than Wi-Fi, a more secure connection, and longer battery life for devices paired with the Arlo Home Security System.

Looking for more information on the Arlo Home Security System?

Post a reply or visit Arlo Support if you have any additional questions or need more information about the Arlo Home Security System.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Community!

76 REPLIES 76
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gungrave223,

Google integration is not available just yet, but we do plan to support this in the future. Stay tuned for updates and announcements here on the community and at arlo.com

JamesC

Gungrave223
Initiate
Initiate

thanks

Cfernz
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of my cameras stopped detecting motion the moment I installed my security system 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cfernz,

This is likely due to your system being in "Standby" mode. Check your systems mode by logging in to the Arlo mobile app and navigating to "Routines" > "Modes" adjust to the desired system state.

JamesC

Mike00
Tutor
Tutor

What is the motion detection range on the sensor? It’s not listed in any of the product info like the camera’s motion range. This is a key piece info needed for any security system purchase. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mike00,

The sensors have up to 20 feet (6m) range. For more information, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062975/How-do-I-install-and-physically-place-the-Arlo-All-in-One-Sensor

JamesC

Mike00
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks James. One other question how are the sensors powered? how long does it last and replaceable batteries?  

Wild1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is glass break detection a planned upgrade for the sensors? This seems like a rather large oversight. 

Wild1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mike this is also a question I have as well. Would love to know how long the batteries last in the sensors and how they are powered. 
update: I found they use the Coin batteries on another thread CR2477 I think it was. Still would love to know expected lifespan. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mike00, Wild1

The Arlo All-in-One Sensor uses a replaceable coin cell CR2477 lithium battery.  Battery life will vary depending on the configuration and usage of the sensor.

For more information on how to replace the battery, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062963/How-do-I-replace-the-battery-in-the-Arlo-All-in-One-Sensor

While glass break detection isn't a feature of the Arlo All-in-One Sensors, you can read more here about what configurations you can enable: https://kb.arlo.com/000062955/All-in-One-Sensor-Product-Tour

JamesC

Mike00
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. Ease and simple battery to replace is nice. Would be interesting to know what “a ballpark” on say motion sensor battery life is even if there are some variables. Big difference between 30 days 6 months or 12 months.

That aside @JamesC , the final question is there plans for a secondary keypad and/or some other solution for multiple doors entrance? Everything about the new sensors (even without glass break) and pairing with the cameras looks great. The only gap I’m finding at the moment is how to handle multiple entrances say front door and garage when disarming? It’s one thing to arm from the phone in the bedroom at night but having a solution for multiple entrances would be nice. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mike00,

Only a single keypad sensor hub can be used per location, but we do plan to offer an additional keypad accessory in the future to allow coverage of multiple entries. Stay tuned here on the community and arlo.com for announcements.

JamesC

alamarc23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the security system and chime 2. Earlier I was able to get chime 2 to trigger a siren for the security system. Now I cannot seem to do so. 

am trying to test the system 

msazone
Luminary
Luminary

Expecting the product will be in eol (end of life) stage after 4 years from now.

BeakerLB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would also like to know planned availability for Canada.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BeakerLB,

Keep an eye on https://www.arlo.com/en-ca/ for availability announcements for CA.

JamesC

robramey69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have a SmartHub (VMB4540) that connects two Pro 3 cameras (VMC4540P), one wireless video doorbell (AVD2001) & one chime 2 (AC2001). Does the new Home Security System hub connect directly with the SmartHub or are they only "linked" via the Arlo Secure App?  It appears the wireless video doorbell & chime can connect directly to the new Home Security System hub. Do I have an option to which hub they connect? 

Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

robramey69,

The Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub connects directly to your home network and can be managed alongside your existing Arlo devices within the Arlo Secure mobile app.

Arlo Video Doorbell and Chime 2 need to be connected directly to your home network or a compatible Base Station or SmartHub. These will not connect to the Keypad Sensor Hub.

JamesC

TroyHobbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

What is the maximum distance between the sensors and the keypad hub?  What options are available if all sensors cannot be within that range?

Troy

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TroyHobbs,

The maximum range for the sensors is 500 feet from the Keypad. 

JamesC

IrisKelowna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you please tell me when is the expected End of life for this all-new Arlo Home Security System?  I just wanted to know how many years this system will work and calculate the annual cost for this system.  I didn't have that information when I purchased my Arlo 2 cameras and you are now discontinuing to support he products the end of this year.  That is just 3 years since I purchased the Arlo 2 cameras. That makes Arlo very expensive security system.  I wish i had that information before I purchased Arlo product.  If you don't think there will be an end of life for this new security system, can you please confirm this in this blog so i can save it to my file? thanks.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

IrisKelowna,

All of the information about the Arlo End of Life policy available today is located in the document here: https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/Arlo_End-of-Life-Policy-2022.pdf?cid=a

Any changes or updates to the policy can be found in the link above.

JamesC

Germanica
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need to upgrade my Pro cameras and base station. I'm also interested in changing my current security system to the Arlo Home Security System. Would I need to buy new cameras, a base station, and the Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub or do I just need the Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub and new cameras?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Germanica,

The Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub connects directly to your home network and does not require any other Arlo hardware to set up. You would not need to replace your cameras or base station as your existing hardware will be compatible and continue to be accessible using the Arlo Secure mobile app.

JamesC

Germanica
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. But I will still need to upgrade my Arlo Pro cameras when they reach End of Life in July 2023, right?