Home Security system sensors stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
djminer
Aspirant
Aspirant

The home security system stopped working.  I've opened 2 different support tickets. The problem is still not resolved.  Home security systems should be stable, at minimum.  Mine was working fine until all of a sudden only all of the sensors stopped working.  The cameras are still working.  it's been nearly 2 weeks and the chat support people are incompetent and good luck getting someone on the phone to troubleshoot.

Save yourself time, money, and grief and pass on the Arlo Home Security solution.

The Arlo customer service is some of the worst I've ever experienced!  NO PHONE NUMBER TO CALL, EVER!

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

djminer,

I apologize for the poor experience. I will review your open support ticket and request a status update as soon as possible.

JamesC

djminer
Aspirant
Aspirant

System has been inoperable for 3 weeks now.  Last tech told me that every sensor (not camera) needed 1Mbps of Internet UPLOAD speed.  Nowhere in any KB article does it mention that as a requirement.  And why should it, the door/windows sensors talk directly to the hub, not the internet.

Every camera works perfectly fine and sets off alerts.  Not a single door/window sensor will trigger an alert.

Arlo customer service is horrible.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

djminer,

I've escalated your support ticket and a member of the L3 team will be reaching out to assist as soon as possible.

JamesC