Emergency response agents won't look at my cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've posted about this before. It's been an ongoing issue since Arlo secure plan came out. 

One of the selling points for me was that during and emergency event, and Arlo emergency agent will be able to access the cameras and recordings that I choose. 

Since I've had the service, my alarm will go off for weird reasons, and I will get a call saying" your alarm went off, are you alright do you need help?" I always say "I'm not home YOU tell ME!  look through the cameras and assess the situation (like they are suppose to).

EACH TIME I'M TOLD THAT'S NOT ALLOWED, THAT'S NOT SOMETHING WE CAN DO. 

WTHHHHHH!!! It literally says on the website, on the app, on the plan that this is a service provided. I had multiple cases open, and closed for no activity. I'v spent soooo many hours trying to get someone not the damn phone, and they either open another case (and it gets closed) or no one can grasp the clear words I'm communicating, or I get no call back. 

Mbambi28_0-1700172199328.png

this is a screenshot of what it says in the app!!!

Mbambi28_1-1700172233139.jpeg

this is a screenshot of my settings. 

Mbambi28_2-1700172264012.jpeg

this is a screenshot from the website

Mbambi28_3-1700172297367.jpeg

another screenshot saying that that's a service offered!!!!!!

Mbambi28_4-1700172337028.jpeg

this is one of the many convos with customer service saying "they have explained to me that that's not a possibility"

Each time an emergency person calls me to tell me my alarm when off, I tell them to see through the cameras, and they say "that's against the law" "no that's not possible" "no that can't be done" WWWWTTTHHHH!!

Each time I take it to customer service , I get a person that can't comprehend what I'm saying and diminishes it to "that's not something that can be done" WHEN I TELL THEM IT'S ON THE WEBSITE, ON THE PLAN, AND THE APP, AND ONE OF THE SELLING POINTS ! 

I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO CONVINCE ARLO THAT THIS IS A SERVICE THEY OFFER!!!!! I SHOULD HAVE PEACE OF MIND WITH MY SECURITY SUBSCRIPTION. 

Thank god they have been false alarms (which is a whole other issue). But I have ZERO peace of mind. I'm paying for NOTHING!!!

I'm pissed! I have never gone online to write a bad review or complain about anything IN MY LIFE. and here I am trying to convince Arlo that it's a service they provide. 

I want someone to listen to those calls with the emergency people that call. I want to know why the hell they keep telling me they can't check the cameras when that's literally a setting I had to enable!

https://kb.arlo.com/000062864/What-is-Arlo-Professional-Monitoring THIS LINK EVEN GOES MORE INTO IT!!! 

10 REPLIES 10
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I'm currently reviewing the details you've provided here along with your case notes, I will reach out to you in a private message with more information as soon as possible

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

A 'supervisor' finally called me back only to GASLIGHT ME!!!! She first started off by telling me how the the security emergency response works. ( YEA I KNOW) She said for privacy purposes they are not allowed to look through the cameras. 

WHY DO I CONSTANTLY FIND MYSELF HAVING TO CONVINCE YOU GUYS OF THE SERVICE YOU PROVIDE! 
and even so, I've provided all the proof that it is in fact a service that's suppose to be provided!!! this is exhausting repeating the same thing over and over and over again to sooo many different 'customer service' and 'supervisors'. 

This is the link to my original post about this in JULY!!!!! https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Secure/Emergeny-Response/m-p/1922300#M4546

This is from the Arlo website!!:

"Professional Monitoring includes:

• 24/7 Live Security Experts to assist with any emergency
  • Video and image verification to reduce false alarms and expedite emergency response
    • Enables Live Security Experts to access authorized cameras during an emergency event and take necessary action" 

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you have the SAFE AND SECURE PRO SUBSCRIPTION, and have had an emergency alarm go off, what did the emergency response people tell you? did they look at your cameras for video verification (as they are allowed to and part of that subscription)?

I'm enraged!!!!    and if you want to know specifics you can read it here because i've been dealing with this bull since last spring  https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Home-Security-System/Emergency-response-agents-won-t-look-at-my-c...

Long story short, video verification is a service feature, and every time my alarm goes off, and they call me, they say they can't look to see what's happening because that would be an invasion of privacy.  Even though it literally says on the website:

• Video and image verification to reduce false alarms and expedite emergency response
    • Enables Live Security Experts to access authorized cameras during an emergency event and take necessary action" 

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you have the SAFE AND SECURE PRO SUBSCRIPTION, and have had an emergency alarm go off, what did the emergency response people tell you? did they look at your cameras for video verification (as they are allowed to and part of that subscription)?

I'm enraged!!!!    and if you want to know specifics you can read it here because i've been dealing with this bull since last spring  https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Home-Security-System/Emergency-response-agents-won-t-look-at-my-c...

Long story short, video verification is a service feature, and every time my alarm goes off, and they call me, they say they can't look to see what's happening because that would be an invasion of privacy.  Even though it literally says on the website:

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

i just found out that Noonlight is the 3rd party Arlo uses for the security subscription. On their website it also says video verification , yet there has not been ONE time i've gotten video verification. 

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

I haven't heard from anyone!!! I want to know why I'm being lied to??!!!! 

Is anyone going to actually help me, or is avoidance Arlos MO?  Why am I paying a subscription that I picked specifically for the VIDEO VERIFICATION, and yet I'm constantly told that's not a possibility, and it's never provided?! 

If I wasn't 16 Arlo devices deep, I wouldn't waste my breath. I'm not made of money and they way Arlo has been going about things is infuriating. 

- It's been a year since I posted about the crap geofencing. Not much has improved. 

- It's been a year that I've been paying for a subscription that says video verification, and multiple times my alarm has gone off and been told that video verification is not a thing!!!!!!! IT'S ALL OVER YOUR WEBSITE, THE SUBSCRIPTION SITE, EVEN MY ARLO SECURE CERTIFICATE HAS THE VIDEO VERIFICATION CAPIBILITY OPTION SELECTED!!!!

- I've wasted hours and hours rehashing all this, going in circles, with 'customer service' and this forum,  since last spring! and no resolution just keep getting gaslit

- Still no homekit ability for the 5s!

- YOU GOT RID OF EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS!!!! Yet I can get hundreds of emails for responses to posts I follow in this forum! Also, the way you guys went about telling people that email was going away....or really NOT TELLING people is outrageous. Why should I have to dig through your site for information that is important? I have Verizon and EVERY DAY I go on the fios app, it tells me the app is going away Nov 29th....get the new app.  Email is the main way I rely on notifications while at work because there are no electronic devices allowed. I bought 4 NEW cameras THIS JUNE!!! and now I can't get notifications. I even told coworkers with the same rules that I recommend Arlo cameras, I love them. ! That was before all the problems above arised!!!!  Also the fact that many of these have been a long time running issues, and only more keep popping up.     

I'm ANGRY!  Don't just admire the problems, fix them!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case to support. An agent will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. 

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

after weeks of  getting phone calls from arlo only to tell me "they are escalating my case" (multiple calls to tell me that) this is the solution!😡😵  DO YOU GUYS EVEN READ WHAT I SENT YOU AND READ TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT PROBLEM IS?!!!!!!!!!

arlo response.png

I'VE HAD THOSE SETTINGS TURNED ON SINCE THE DAY I GOT THE ALARM SYSTEM!!!!! THEY'VE NEVER BEEN OFF. I'VE REPEATED THIS OVER A DOZEN TIMES! I SENT YOU GUYS SCREENSHOTS OF MY SETTINGS. I POSTED SCREENHOT OF MY SETTINGS IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD!!!!!!

Why are you guys gaslighting me for months!!!!!!  I **bleep**ing know to have those settings turned on!

The problem is the emergency agents that call when an alarm goes of and tell me that's NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE! IT'S AGAINST THE LAW! AS IF ITS NOT A FEATURE AT ALLLLLLL!!!!!!  When it's something I'm paying for and specifically a reason of why i chose this security system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

this is my thread and I''m fed up! don't change the title of my thread which now i've changed to VIDEO VERIFICATION IS A LIE, and originally before you changed it was  I FEEL LIKE I'M BEING GASLIT AND SCAMMED. don't merge any other things into this. 

I've never had to much anger for a company. Before all of this i've never so much as left a bad review or found the need to bad mouth any product or company.

but I am going to go out of my **bleep**in way to tell anyone that will listen about this garbage. spend every **bleep**in time I can spare to post bad reviews any place any of this is sold. 

and as soon as I can afford to discard this 16 device investment i've made i will. I've been paying for lies and beyond conceivable  amount of bad customer service, and just the way this company goes about everything is the worst i've ever personally experienced. 

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

So get what this weeks “solution” is; 

the emergency agents can’t do video verification because the alarm was triggered by a sensor event and not a camera event!

THE SENSORS ARE THE ONNNNNNLY DEVICES THAT HAVE AN EMERGENCY EVENT TRIGGER CAPABILITY!!!!!!! THE CAMERAS DON’T HAVE THAT CAPABILITY!!!!!! When they are triggered, emergency agents are supposed to do video verification from authorized cameras!!!!!

Why am I having to constantly educate Arlo of THEIR OWN capabilities!!!!???!!!!!!!!

**bleep** Arlo. I filed a BBB complaint and submitted a review. This, along with the long ass list of other problems is ridiculous. I’m literally being gaslit at every turn.

IMG_2936.png

IMG_2937.jpeg