Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Simon1981
Tutor
Tutor

Been trying to set up my security system for the past 5 hours. For some reason when I trying to add a device to the security (all in one Sensor) the app will not do it. Either the app stops working or it will go to a white screen and then back to the main screen. Tech support seems totally clueless. Suggesting that I use a iOS system to set up, which I don't have. I've been only able to add one. Trying a Samsung phone and a pixel. Anyone have a idea what's going on?

14 REPLIES 14
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
Simon1981
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS 

Not even close to what is wrong. That was the first thing support tried.

Seeing that other people are having the same issue. My money is going towards the app. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Simon1981 

Can you provide screenshot of the screen when it fails?

Can you provide the thread detailing these symptoms you found? 

Simon1981
Tutor
Tutor

1000000189.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app do you have installed?

Also what his the OS version running on your Android device? 

Simon1981
Tutor
Tutor

1000000190.png

 v. 4.12_28637

Android OS 14

Simon1981
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS 

I also have an ongoing ticket. 43990927

Haven't heard anything in over a day. 

Probably going to have to return everything I purchased if I don't get anything resolved by the end of the week.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Simon1981 

Thank you for the additional info, I have escalated this for you and someone should be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

AnonHero
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem. 

Android 14

Google Pixel 8 Pro

Arlo app 4.12.5_28655

Simon1981
Tutor
Tutor

I would just return the system if you can. They just messed around for a week, telling me to do this do that. I was done being their trouble shooter. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@AnonHero Which device are you experiencing these symptoms with?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Simon1981 I can have a member of my team reach out to you over a phone call if you like. 

AnonHero
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was trying to set up the all in one sensor for Arlo Secure. However, the problem affects any Arlo Secure accessory. The Android app crashes whenever I click Security System on the Add Device menu. I didn't even get to the list to select the sensor.

Eventually I had to set up the sensor on an iPhone instead of Android. 

Simon1981
Tutor
Tutor

That's what happened to me too. But because of apples reckless use of grabbing information without my consent. I don't allow it on my network so I returned the whole thing. I see they still haven't fixed anything glad I got rid of it.