Activating the arlo cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Skipper188
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like arlo security is going away   . I bought a arlo security system from Costco around 2 years ago so I must have the old system . I would like to activate my cameras so what do I need to do now ? Or should I not since it may not be around ? I'm confused as what to do 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Skipper188 wrote:

It looks like arlo security is going away   . I bought a arlo security system from Costco around 2 years ago so I must have the old system . I would like to activate my cameras so what do I need to do now ? 

Please give us more details on what you bought.  Also it would be helpful to know if you are re-installing the system, or if you never installed it.

If you purchased a base/smarthub, then look for a VMBxxxx label on the base.

If the cameras can be removed from the housing, then open the cameras and remove the battery.  You'll find a label inside. 

If the cameras cannot be opened, then look on (or near) the seal around the charging port.  There is some fine print there (unfortunately low contrast) that provides the model number.  Taking a picture, and then reading the text from the enlarged picture sometimes is easier than reading it directly.

Skipper188
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's very difficult for me to take the cameras down to get the info on the inside . They're way up and I have to get up on a ladder. Is that totally necessary?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Skipper188 wrote:

It's very difficult for me to take the cameras down to get the info on the inside . They're way up and I have to get up on a ladder. Is that totally necessary?

Likely, yes.

When you said earlier that you wanted to "activate" the cameras, what exactly did you mean?