Unable for 2 accounts to fully manage the system

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GeertD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very annoying that members of your team can not manage the system on their mobile phone. Really a pitty. Can not be that difficult to foresee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GeertD wrote:

Very annoying that members of your team can not manage the system on their mobile phone. 

FWIW, I agree that it would be better if Arlo allowed multiple users to use a single shared account.

But the "friend" account feature that @ShayneS references gives you most of the commonly used controls when you provide access rights.  One way to manage the rest is to have everyone on the team use friend accounts, and only have someone log into the primary account when they need to install/remove equipment, or make some other change that requires the primary account.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @GeertD 

Have you tired sharing access to another user?

You can find more info here: https://kb.arlo.com/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-my...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GeertD wrote:

Very annoying that members of your team can not manage the system on their mobile phone. 

FWIW, I agree that it would be better if Arlo allowed multiple users to use a single shared account.

But the "friend" account feature that @ShayneS references gives you most of the commonly used controls when you provide access rights.  One way to manage the rest is to have everyone on the team use friend accounts, and only have someone log into the primary account when they need to install/remove equipment, or make some other change that requires the primary account.

GeertD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, it works