Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
brianbarnesevo
Follower
Follower

No matter how many times I've tried connecting it says connecting the keypad makes a noise halfway through then phone shows keypad failed to connect to network, shut off the 5 ghz network from my router, tried doing it from a different phone, and nothing is working I have spent hours trying to get the keypad to connect to the network. has anyone else had this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brianbarnesevo,

There is a similar discussion here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Home-Security-System/Arlo-Keypad-Sensor-Hub-will-not-connect-to-m...

Is your router set up to use WPA2 or WPA3? We recommend WPA2.

JamesC

Painpilot
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue, which even knocked my existing devices out. If I cannot get this going today, the whole system is a sunk cost to me, goes into the garbage. This has been three hours of my life I will never get back. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Painpilot,

What model router are you using for your home network? 

You may need to check your security settings within the router and set the security type to WPA2. You can also try disabling the 5Ghz band on your home network, make sure your mobile device is connected to the 2.4Ghz band and then try onboarding again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC