Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub NO SOUND

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kb25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything was working fine. But now, the hub no longer chimes when doors as opened. And now longer has a siren sound when arm away is tripped.

Notifications for door open and panic siren activated still work correctly, there is just no sounds coming from the Hub.

I tried Factory Resetting.

Thanks for any help!

12 REPLIES 12
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Looking into the sensors I see they are online. However, I do see the one sensors battery is very low. You may need to change those for the chime to work correctly. 

kb25
Aspirant
Aspirant

I swapped sensor batteries. Still no sounds.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It sounds like you may need a new sensor. You can locate them here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories.homesecuritysystem/MS1001-100NAS.html

kb25
Aspirant
Aspirant

The sensors seem to be working fine. They give notifications for door opening. But the problem is in the hub. There is no chime or no siren sounds.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Looking into this further I do not see any resets preformed on the Hub. Can you please do a reset and see if that resolves this behavior. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062967/How-do-I-factory-reset-the-Arlo-Keypad-Sensor-Hub

kb25
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have reset the hub through the app. 

I have reset the hub through the keypad.

I have factory reset the hub through keypad.
Still no sounds.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Take the Hub off the account fully. Log out of the account and log back in. Reset the Hub. And then re-add it to the account.

kb25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Completed.

Still no sounds.

Gorkon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue. The sensors all work. The product is just a few months old, but all of a sudden today the Sensor Hub has No Sound. I unplugged it and restarted. I also rebooted. I have a floodlight that I added a month ago and today the "free trial" ended, but I had the home security monitoring package. Is there some weird glitch that is causing this when the trial ends and you are already on the monitoring?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you check under the audio settings and make sure the alert tone is activated?

Gorkon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Already done that. Went through all of the issues with Customer Service and TIS for two hours. They are sending a new unit.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am glad they took care of that for you. Let us know if there are any further questions.