Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 homes, 2 base, app won't separate

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
redspider
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 homes in different states. With new update, I can't turn one off without the other turning off. Same goes with turning them on. Can you separate the two like before?

Before it was simple to tap one button to turn a home off or on.

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@redspider wrote:

I have 2 homes in different states. With new update, I can't turn one off without the other turning off. Same goes with turning them on. Can you separate the two like before?

Before it was simple to tap one button to turn a home off or on.

Thank you for your help.

You need to set up different locations in the app (one for each home), and then put the devices in the correct location.

Note if you have a subscription for cameras in both places, you will now need one for each home.

redspider
Aspirant
Aspirant

To make sure I understand correctly. I now need 2 subscriptions. one for each home?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@redspider wrote:

To make sure I understand correctly. I now need 2 subscriptions. one for each home?

If you set up two locations, you will need to do that.  FWIW, that was always in the terms of service, but wasn't enforced (since the app didn't have the concept of locations).

If you can live with the current situation, you could see if Arlo restores the custom mode feature.  That might give you what you need with only one subscription.

redspider
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your help! 

Sounds like, in my case its time to move on.

There are other camera companies that are cheaper and better customer service.

Thank you again for your help.