Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub Goes Offline 1-2 x / Day

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
pashaw01
Tutor
Tutor

I setup my new Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub and sensors a few weeks back.  The system goes offline once or twice a day.  I have new Netgear MR60 and MS60 satellite setup as an access point.  The satellite is hard-wired back to the MR60, no mesh.  

I have a small house, the wifi signal is awesome.  I have AT&T fiber, I monitor for downtime, and there is no downtime, at least not in the last few weeks of testing.

I got a door bell a few days back, which is cool when it works, but it's also going off line at least once a day.

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pashaw01
Tutor
Tutor

Got it fixed, this post was very helpful:  https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Proxy-blocking-website-live-feed/m-p/1711313

I took a slightly different approach tho, I setup an alias on my T20 Firebox that includes the MAC addresses of the Arlo doorbell and keypad, then setup a HTTP and HTTPS packet filter to allow the Arlo alias access to "any external".  This bypasses the Firebox "valid request" check.

These new packet filters sit in front of the default HTTP and HTTPS packet filters.

All good now!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When offline, can you ping arlo.com? I occasionally see my SmartHub blinking amber, indicating a loss of connection to the servers (and my cameras are offline) but it resolves quickly. Does yours?

dhb2dhb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar issue with my keypad hub, however its on wifi.  It goes offline for hours though.  The Arlo hub for the cameras stays connected, the wifi thermostat stays connected, but the keypad doesnt, even though it is not in a bad location.  I have had to press the 5 button down for 10 seconds a few times to re-engage it and other times, it comes back online on its own.  Super annoying and starting to regret my purchase.  If you are away from home and its offline, it doesnt really do its job, does it?!  

pashaw01
Tutor
Tutor

I can hit Arlo.com no problem.  The doorbell is offline right now, Arlo.com responds fine.  And the keypad is on-line at the moment.  The doorbell has been offline all day.  I can see from my router logs there have been no connection problems in the last 24 hours between the Arlo doorbell MAC address and any external servers.

pashaw01
Tutor
Tutor

Agreed.  I had a Nest doorbell for many years that I swapped out with the Arlo doorbell.  I don't believe the Nest doorbell ever went offline.  Given that I have a battery backup on my router and wifi access points, I have very little downtime.  I have a script that pings google and a few others non-stop and it does not fail.  So I'm at a loss for how this can be at my end.

pashaw01
Tutor
Tutor

Setup a separate 2.4ghz network just for Arlo, did the factory reset and set up keypad and doorbell from scratch again, ran for about 1.5 days, then went offline again.  

During the 1.5 days I noticed that it took several hours for alerts to appear in the app.  So something is amiss here, and it's not at my end.

Router logs look clean, no issues, no downtime.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback. I am investigating this issue. If possible do you mind providing a screenshot of the offline messaging?

dhb2dhb
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_4281.png

pashaw01
Tutor
Tutor

Got it fixed, this post was very helpful:  https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Proxy-blocking-website-live-feed/m-p/1711313

I took a slightly different approach tho, I setup an alias on my T20 Firebox that includes the MAC addresses of the Arlo doorbell and keypad, then setup a HTTP and HTTPS packet filter to allow the Arlo alias access to "any external".  This bypasses the Firebox "valid request" check.

These new packet filters sit in front of the default HTTP and HTTPS packet filters.

All good now!