• 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gdelta75
Aspirant
Aspirant

All-In-One Sensor

Firmware:2.1.222_879ad62

I have connected the All-In-Sensor to the Arlo Keypad hub as per the instructions. I have two sensors which I have configured to detect an open/close door situation. One of the All-In-One sensor can detect when I open and close the door. The other sensor can detect an open/close event. This sensor is installed on my patio door. I have even deleted the sensor from my account and reconnected but no luck. I would appreciate your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A closeup picture of the sensor and magnet may help. What's the distance between them? Closer is better. If the door is made from ferrous material (iron/steel) I suppose that could be diverting the magnetic flux needed.

It's been a while since I installed mine but I believe there's a test when installing to verify proper operation before completing the setup. Did it pass that test?

Check the sensor settings to ensure the Security Bypass isn't enabled and that only Access is enabled. Finally, ensure that there's an appropriate rule for the sensor in the appropriate modes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, I'm not seeing the issue. It looks to me that both sensors are used for door open/close events and it looks to me like both are working. Perhaps you meant that the patio door sensor is NOT detecting?

Gdelta75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, what I meant to say that my Patio door sensor is NOT sensing the door is open or closed. What do I do ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A closeup picture of the sensor and magnet may help. What's the distance between them? Closer is better. If the door is made from ferrous material (iron/steel) I suppose that could be diverting the magnetic flux needed.

It's been a while since I installed mine but I believe there's a test when installing to verify proper operation before completing the setup. Did it pass that test?

Check the sensor settings to ensure the Security Bypass isn't enabled and that only Access is enabled. Finally, ensure that there's an appropriate rule for the sensor in the appropriate modes.

Gdelta75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I moved the sensor on my patio door from the original installation position next to the door handle to the top of the door. The magnetic flux next to the metal on the patio door was affecting the sensor and that this is why the door open / close was not sensing. Now the patio all in one sensor works like it should.

Gdelta75
Aspirant
Aspirant

The magnetic flux from the metal door lock mechanism on the patio door was affecting the All in one sensor open close mechanism. I moved the sensor to the top of the door away from any metals and now it works . Thanks for valuable information. This kind of information should be provided in the Arlo setup app.