Customer Service Survey

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
fishcams
Tutor
Tutor

A few days ago I was asked by a pop up window in my Arlo Android app, to participate in an online survey (because Arlo is eager to hear my opinion). So I decided to fill out the form, imagining that this would be a great chance to communicate some of my issues / concerns to Arlo. I wrote a few well thought out paragraphs, and tried to submit it.... However, I received a "Timeout Error" message. This made my roll my eyes, and think... "of course, the survey times out".  Arlo is missing striking out on some very basic, low level customer expectations. I feel bad, because the hardware is decent, and could be great with a real commitment to taking the considerations / suggestions of customers into account, and then actually acting on them, and improving / fixing the issues.  But for the most part I feel alone, and helpless, when struggling with random bugs that occur much too often.

I tried the survey again today, and wrote it in a text editor, so that the page would not time out.. and wouldn't you know it... this time the error was "500 character limit". Wow... once again, a big eye roll - If Arlo wants to hear from me, then there is no excuse for a 500 character limit.  This is a few sentences.

I am including my entire text from what I tried to submit to the survey. I hope it does not land on deaf ears.

------

Love/Hate relationship with Arlo products and support (or should I say, lack of support). There is soooo much potential in this market, as more and more people want to have good quality video surveilence and the technology today makes great things possible. However, it has been a bumpy road with Arlo. I have been a customer since the first Netgear products. My impression, is that Arlo is not invested in product (firmware) updates, which can fix bugs, or add additional functionality. So many support threads online, end with a "problem solved" which is just a link to some general FAQ document (and obviously does not solve these odd problems, like when the floodlight just stops working randomly, and maybe works again for a while after a long power off reset). I would buy more hardware, or a CVR subscription, if my Arlo hardware was reliable. Right now it seems more like a toy, that I am willing to experiment with, and this is not enough, when it comes to the safety and security of my home and family. Please try harder Arlo!! Your customers are relying on you! Thanks

0 REPLIES 0