Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RebelPeacock
Star
Star

I have two Arlo Go's (VML4030-100NAS) that have been working fine for a month or so. Upon a battery change earlier this week I no longer recieve push otifications from ONE of the cameras. the other continues to perform normally. This conditon is the same for both myself and my wife who has been granted access to both cameras. we both have iPhone's. I have rebooted the camera and turned push notifications on and off for the camera in question. I don't beleive this is an issue with any settings on our phone's since we are getting push from one of the cameras still. Thanks for any advice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RebelPeacock
Star
Star

I just wanted to post an update. I was able to get push noticifcations back on my errant Arlo Go, but only after deleting the device from my account adding it again. I am happy that this worked, but it seems to be a rather extreme step to take.

Thanks for your help.

Reb

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RebelPeacock,

Are you using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode? Consider creating a brand new mode for motion detection for the camera that isn't behaving as expected. Be sure to enable push notifications in the rules for the new mode and test. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

RebelPeacock
Star
Star

JamesC,

Actually, I use the schedule mode and move between Arrmed and a custom mode. Conicendentally, I happened to create another Custom mode yesterday that lowers motion sensitivity and the same camera exhibits the same behavior. Still no push notifications since a battery change. For the record, since the push notifications quit I have turned on the previously unused, email upon alert feature, which is functioning fine on the camera in question. 

The only thing I have not done yet, is delete the camera from my account and reestablish it. I won't be able to do this for awhile since the location is remote and I can't get out there. I appreciate your help. Although the email feature is better than nothing, I am really hoping to get push back up and running.

Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RebelPeacock,

That is definitely odd behavior. Let me know the results once you are able to remove and readd the camera.

JamesC

RebelPeacock
Star
Star

I just wanted to post an update. I was able to get push noticifcations back on my errant Arlo Go, but only after deleting the device from my account adding it again. I am happy that this worked, but it seems to be a rather extreme step to take.

Thanks for your help.

Reb

Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problem with just one camera. I have removed and readded with no luck.  Even went as far as resetting the hub. Don’t know what else to try. One thing I would like to be able to reset the cameras but when I reconnect them, even after hub reset, the cameras name was still remembered. 

Spoiler

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hotsparks,

Try creating a new custom mode/rule with push notifications enabled, do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation