Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What happens if recording option is off and camera disabled? Does Arlo Go still consume data?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EvanM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm well aware of the live-view or recording options on the Arlo Go consuming data.  What happens however if the recording options have been turned off and the camera disabled?  Does the Arlo Go still consume data and how much?  It's obviously able to communicate with the internet since if I re-enable the camera, I can start live-viewing again almost instantly without touching the camera.  That's cool and all, but again - concerned about how much of this "sleep" disabled-camera data consumption happens.

Anyone know?  I suppose only way to NOT consume data is to extract the SIM card or just remove the battery.  There's no OFF switch on the camera - right?

Thx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know that anyone other than Arlo has that info. The camera obviously has to stay in contact with the servers but I would think the data usage would be very low compared to even a brief recording or live view session. I suppose the cell service provider would be able to tell you - Verizon certainly lists each phone and its usage.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know that anyone other than Arlo has that info. The camera obviously has to stay in contact with the servers but I would think the data usage would be very low compared to even a brief recording or live view session. I suppose the cell service provider would be able to tell you - Verizon certainly lists each phone and its usage.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation