Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to add camera's to arlo account due to wrong APN

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
aatech
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

We purchased 2 Arlo go cameras late 2019, inserted bell SIM's and was able to add them to my arlo account with out any problem.
since the initial setup the cameras were in a closet without use for a few months.

Back in March or April 2020, i tried to get them to connect and view the video on arlo page but was unsuccessful. so i decided to delete them from the account to re add them.

we arn't able to get both of our Arlo Go cameras to connect on to our Arlo account. The reason being, cameras were unable to stablish a data connection with the bell network.

I initially contacted bell and was told it’s the camera issue as its trying to connect to the bell network using wrong apn settings.

After a lot of time spent troubleshooting with the Arlo support and trying to get the cameras to connect, they eventually agreed to replace both cameras.

We received 2 new cameras and are experiencing the same issue. I contacted bell tech support team and they are telling me that the cameras are still trying to connect using APN: arlo.com.attz , it should be using: pda.bell.ca 

During the adding process, i am able to get to a page where i can input the correct APN link then click continue, at which point it displays a new QR code for me to scan, the cameras do not take the QR code as they give off the "wah wah wah" sound...

all and all, very frustrated as i have been working on this for a few months going back and fourth with different parties

Any help from anyone here would be greatly appriciated.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi aatech,

Try resetting your Arlo Go camera to factory default settings by reading here: How do I reset my Arlo Go camera to factory default settings?

After you reset your Arlo Go camera, try setting up your camera again and make sure that your SIM card is already activated and is working. Read here to learn how to set up your Arlo Go camera: How do I set up my Arlo Go camera?

aatech
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

i have done factory reset on it many times.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest then to try contacting Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation