Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar Panel Charging VMA4600

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Hess34
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have seen several previous posts but wondered if anyone experienced this. For the past week my solar panel has worked great, but this morning it was showing an error that the connected device could not be charged and there was a red exclamation point in the battery on my Arlo GO. Unfortunately, the camera is 400 Miles away and I can’t try the troubleshooting tips. Now this afternoon the error message is gone and the red exclamation point is gone and the panel seems to be working properly. Any experience this?
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual explanation is moisture infiltration into one or both connections, with the camera end seeming to be the most likely. I'd guess soem moisture got in but the day's sun and/or heat dried it out sufficiently to clear the issue. Next time you're there, reseat the connections, making sure things are dry and fully seated.

Hess34
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any suggestions on ways to better seal the connections? Seal with tape?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If this is a consistent problem, opening a case with support here may get you a new cable. Otherwise, some outdoor dielectric grease on the seals may help.

BrianLogsdon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having he same issue. Arlo Pro camera and Arlo solar Panel have been in service for 48 hours. Now reporting invalid power supply.

I live in Arizona, humidity today is below 40%...please advise...

Hess34
Aspirant
Aspirant
After 2 weeks mine worked again. I believe moisture got into the connection on the back of the camera, and once it dried, it started charging again. I have now put duck tape over that connection to keep any water from getting into the connection. I have had no problems now for 5 months (knock on wood).
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

BrianLogsdon,

Is it possible to bring the unit inside? If the charging cable has been loose or not secured properly there may be some type of moisture that has worked it's way in. This will help pin point the issue.

BrianLogsdon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sure...I'll do that tonight...but if you have moisture problems in central Arizona (20% humidity today) in a covered location....then that sounds like a design flaw.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

BrianLogsdon,

We will trouble shoot and handle the situation accordingly. We just need to try and pin point this issue for you & get you back up and running.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation