Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go still wont sync

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jbingham113
Aspirant
Aspirant

So its been months since i had a faulty charger. After replacing that and subsequently the camera (1st 2 were dedfective) they forgot to send a sim card. After another several weeks a "sim card" arrived in the form of a battery... (they apologized for problems with fulfillment center) I finally received the sim card. By now i was 1000 miles from the camera which WAS NOT protecting the property it was purchased for. Now that i am back to the unit and property, it WILL NOT SYNC! I'm so frustrated with this issue it makes me physically ill to look at it. I have 7 other cameras , the oldest of which work the best. Seems the newer the unit the less dependable it is.

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Jbingham113,

What problems are you facing when trying to sync your Arlo Go? 

Jbingham113
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting, my camera is actually a vmL 4030 but that was not a selection under model and I could not enter that model.  

Thank you for asking;  when adding "new device" I press the button (hundreds of times now), get a shutter sound, select "continue" on my phone, tablet, laptop, etc, and hold the  QR code in front of the camera until I hear a chime sound.  After that, nothing happens other than the Arlo page, after about a minute,  asks if I heard a buzz or is LED blinking amber, neither which is true. 

I had SO MUCH trouble getting the power supply replaced, then the camera which had worked fine for months, needed to be replaced.  Then, after receiving 1 defective  camera that would not snap shut, they sent me another camera but without a sim card.  After much back and forth and images sent, they finally sent me a new SIM card, but it was a BATTERY!...  So, another several weeks, images, correspondence... and a sim card finally arrived, back in the spring time, and I still have not been able to activate the camera.  Perhaps I should edit "APN information", (Edit information if you know it...) but don't have an hour to spend on the phone or chat with support to understand what APN info is.   The other note regarding trouble shooting is "please make sure sim card is activated before proceeding".   How do I determine if it has been activated?  I honestly believe the SIM card has not been activated. 

Also, it occured to me just now, that I've been paying monthly for data since at least February or whenever when this fiasco began.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the detailed steps that you are having troubles with. It can take about three minutes for Arlo to discover your camera. Use this article, if you haven't yet, to help with your setup: How do I set up my Arlo Go Camera?

For your SIM card, if you are using the Arlo Mobile SIM card, you don't need to activate your SIM card as it is already preactivated but do need to pick a subscription plan which you can pick while setting up your Arlo Go Camera. You can read more here: How do I activate my Arlo Go camera’s Arlo Mobile SIM card?

Jbingham113
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but I've waited 3 minutes, 3hours, and 3 days.  It still just sits there blinking blue....

Yes, I know how to set it up, it was working fine before.  Thank you, I had an Arlo Sim card previously, but have no idea what they sent me this time. There is little identification on it... (attached)

I have 2 different arlo accounts, one  for north and one for Florida.  I have succesfully "added a device" to both of the accounts numerous times, but this Arlo Go just will not install.  It's a shame the first one broke, it worked perfectly!

Is it possilbe to install the sim card out of my phone into the Go to see if that's the issue?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure you have the SIM card that was sent to you inside the Arlo Go. And try to do a factory reset for your Arlo Go and see if this will resolve the issue. Use this article to help you out: How do I reset my Arlo Go camera to factory default settings?

Jbingham113
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply Jessica.  I can't remove the camera from the account, because that's the problem, it won't get onto the account.  I did use the QR code for a factory reset but never heard a chime.  It sounded more like a small, abreiviated chime.

I then went to my account to add the camera, same situation as always.  It just infinitely flashes blue after scanning the code.

HOW can I tell if my SIM has been activated by ARLO??

Jbingham113
Aspirant
Aspirant

By The Way,  Why haven't you addressed my question re: the SIM card?  Isn't it very possible it is faulty or not activated?   Seriously, this seems like a logical place to start since it's been NINE MONTHS since I haven't been able to use this device!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What I'll do is open a case and escalate it to our support escalation team so they can look into your case and help you further. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation