Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
JMParks
Follower
Follower

I purchased my cameras at a Verizon store 3yrs ago and wondering if I can change to AT&T with the same cameras. An AT&T rep said they should be unlocked

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't believe so. The hardware is likely different. Maybe someone with more insight in the differences will jump in.

Superwa2
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah I don’t think so. Different antennas and I don’t believe these cameras had all the antennas in each model. The new Arlo go 2 just came out and only for Verizon so far. Hoping it will be available for AT&T soon.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Superwa2 wrote:
Yeah I don’t think so. Different antennas and I don’t believe these cameras had all the antennas in each model. The new Arlo go 2 just came out and only for Verizon so far. Hoping it will be available for AT&T soon.

With LTE, it's generally not about the antennas (though that can come into play with 5G millimeter wave).  It's more about the cost of the radio chipset plus the carrier certification.  

But I think the net is the same - it's not advertised as unlocked, and it is likely that you won't be able to just replace the SIM and have it work.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation