Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pre purchase Questions ARLO GO VERIZON

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EcoDieselDave
Aspirant
Aspirant
VMA4030VWQ can't select a model # from drop-down so ARLO GO must not be a selection.
Is there an expert whom can answer the Basic pre-purchase questions so I know all this camera is capable of before buying a dozen of them & adding a dozen lines to my Verizon Cell Account etc...
Simple questions such as
*what is the Max SD card that can be used
* do you need the arli plan for cloud recording
* can you adjust sensitivity for events, set motion zones, ignore other areas
* does it have a better hardware than arlo pro 2 cameras & automatically loan Firmware updates
* can all settings including power on/off & reboots be done remotely
Few more questions as well. Netgear never replies to emails or answers so I really hope someone can
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EcoDieselDave wrote:
Netgear never replies to emails or answers so I really hope someone can

Arlo is no longer part of Netgear.

@EcoDieselDave wrote:
VMA4030VWQ can't select a model # from drop-down so ARLO GO must not be a selection.
Is there an expert whom can answer the Basic pre-purchase questions 

Perhaps read the user manual.

Documentation (including data sheets, etc) can be found here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/docs.aspx

A direct link to the user manual is https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/documents/arlogo/arlo_go_um.pdf

Per the manual, 

• Supported micro SD cards are SDHC or SDXC only, up to 32 GB
  • Motion sensitivity can be adjusted, but the manual makes no reference to activity zones.
  • Settings are done remotely, but no reference to being able to remotely power up/down the camera.  You can restart it though.
EcoDieselDave
Aspirant
Aspirant
You hit the Nail on the head with fact a Tech type business can't use email not reply.
I wasn't aware arlo was on it's own now, thank you for the links also, I've re-reviewed them & still have some simple questions to clarify a Human would knows the answers to if a sales associate was reachable.
That's why Ring is crushing the market now, they Have Human In the USA or the country you call who clearly speak the primary language who answer calls in minutes or emails, unfortunately, they don't make a camera via LTE data or Cell service .
Arlo used to have an email/messaging link but it's since disappeared, or when shown & you begin tying it kicks you off.

Thanks Again for your support, geez if Arlo would compensate you there sales would go thru the roof
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation