Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help Using Arlo Go (VML4030) On External 12v Battery Like MC Or Car Battery.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
flatline74
Follower
Follower

Hi.

Need to run the Arlo Go on a battery that last longer that arond a month, because its located at a summer house.

Have tried with using a mc battery that have 12v and enough amp hours, mounted a DC to DC converter and

did tune it to give 9v (the same as the original charger give) but still the red battery indicator shows up in the app

saying its not charging!!??

Do they use some specail cable with sens so it knows its an arlo cable or should this work?? 

or does any body have any idea how to fix it or getting a cable that cand do this with arlo specs??

Best.

2 REPLIES 2
FRSR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2, I am Looking to connect the Arlo Go and Arlo Pro 2 to a car Battery, I have a USB Connector to 12V, but still get the non Charge read light, Can Arlo not sell a USB Kabel with a car Adapter to connect to 12V for Boats, Camper, Cars etc. ? Would be a nice accessorie,

thx FRSR

wildwest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I've considered this and if I decide to keep my camera I will probably hook it up to an old inverter and a 12V battery and plug in the camera full time. All to be stored in a waterproof box. 

Not sure how good an idea that is but I don't see any real issue with it, the current draw I expext is low so should put minimal draw on the battery/inverter.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation