Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Hello:

For the last year all has been working well, but just today I get a message saying all my 120 minutes are used up and to Upgrade My Plan.  BUT, I have upgrading/renewing my plan the camera is still showing Device Is Off-Line and I have tried this with both the Arlo App as well with my Mac desktop.

The big problem is the camera is located at a remote location so how do I go about getting it back online remotely?  Since I had this same problem quite a while back, my plan has been renewing automatically and the camera has not gone off line in about a year.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem that the camera battery may be dead or somehow cell service isn't reachable. I'm afraid you or someone nearer the camera is going to have to visit it to get going again.

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

I should have mentioned in my original post that the GO camera is be used with the AC Adaptor, with a battery installed.  Also, I was able to use the LIVE feature about a half-hour before getting the 120 min. used notice.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If someone else doesn't jump in, use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here for more help.

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

In the past I have been in contact with Tech Support numerious times for many hours - all they do is go through a check list and then "escalate it" to the next level - from which nothing still happens.

As I mentioned in my initial post, all has been fine for the last year or so, my 120 min. plan has been renewed automatically with the credit card on file - so I have no idea why the situation with the camera being off-line even with my plan being renewed is now re-occuring?

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

VERY STRANGE:  As of early this afternoon, my GO camera was back on-line and the LIVE feature is working.  I have had no contact with Tech Support, and have done nothing to make any difference during the time period following my earlier/previous posts on this issue.  So how/why the camera is now back on line after 2-days of being off line is still a mystery.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't answer that unless it just took some time for the new minutes to be added (sure hope that isn't true).

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

I have had the GO camera for several years and unfortunately, ARLO has gained a reputation for poor/inadequate service.  Although the last year has actually been pretty good, but this is the first time the camera went back on line without any action on my part (except of course for the plan renewal).

TheBroker
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I came here for the basically the same answer. For the last two plus years we've had two Arlo Go cameras on Arlo's service. Not AT&T or Verizon, but Arlo's service. Every month it goes down on or around the 19th, which is our monthly bill date. EVERY SINGLE MONTH. It'll go down for the whole day, 12 to 18 hours and even for two days at a time. Nothing to do with the batteries. Plus, too coincidental that both cameras go down exactly at the same moment.  Now, today, we've been down since the 19th for 4 days and I'm finally here trying to find an answer because Arlo's customer service is pretty bad and never solves the problem. By the time they get back to us, the cameras are back up and all is forgotten. Pretty pathetic. Our project has been broken into multiple times already, but never on or around the 19th.....yet. We don't want that to happen. We're tired of this situation. $900 in cameras and the service sucks!

Home8984
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem. My 3 Go cameras offline since my subscription renewal date. Sent numerous requests for Arlo to fix the problem. It’s on their end. I haven’t changed anything on my cameras. I have 2 remote cameras that are in LTE coverage.

I have 2 step verification. My plan; 15 minutes video per month; 10 second clips.

One Go camera at my home and 2 remote via Arlo LTE which for me is ATT.

I have Arlo “wire free” cameras also with a “base station” on WiFi which works great.

Sad that the Arlo Go cameras have a problem on the corporate end.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation