Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

I keep getting this message when I try to use the LIVE feature:  A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required. Please install the latest version from here.

I have done a new download & install several times & I keep getting the same message.

I'm using a Mac Mini with Fire Fox 69.0.3, have not had this problem previously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

I found the icon in the URL bar that gives me the option top Allow or Not Allow Flash Player, I clicked on Allow - and LIVE is now working - so it is a FF feature on the Mac as well as on Windows - but, letting me know about Windows gave be the clue, so a BIG Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@sahnyc wrote:

I keep getting this message when I try to use the LIVE feature:  A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required. Please install the latest version from here.

I have done a new download & install several times & I keep getting the same message.

I'm using a Mac Mini with Fire Fox 69.0.3, have not had this problem previously.

Browser updates are gradually making it harder to use Flash. Adobe is binning Flash and some browsers warn that it is due to "expire" some time next year.

The Windows version of Firefox now has a "Manage plug-in use" icon to the left of the address window. The icon looks like a Lego brick. Click it and "Allow" Flash. Unfortunately, it doesn't stick, so you will have to do the same thing the next time you launch Firefox.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

I found the icon in the URL bar that gives me the option top Allow or Not Allow Flash Player, I clicked on Allow - and LIVE is now working - so it is a FF feature on the Mac as well as on Windows - but, letting me know about Windows gave be the clue, so a BIG Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation