Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing IS Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jockster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Everyone,

For some reason, geofencing which used to work when I first installed the camera no longer works. The rules are set to away: armed, home: disarmed, but it records anyway.

Also, the various modes disappear completely from the list at times. These problems may have been happening since a firmware update if I remember correctly.

Very annoying when you have to arm and disarm manually and the options sometimes don't even appear on the screen! I'm starting to wish I'd installed a good old (reliable) CCTV camera  😞

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What Device/Model/OS/Version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using & Are these modes disappearing on the Mobile App or the web portal?

jockster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

In answer to the person who replied to my ongoing issues regarding geofencing that doesn't work, and the disappearing modes: The model I'm talking about is the Arlo Go camera and solar panel, purchased from a Telstra outlet.

I rarely use the web portal (I assume this means access via my home computer?), as I'm often away from home I use the mobile app.

Regards  Jim.

jockster
Aspirant
Aspirant

I meant to add that the mobile app firmware is up to date: not sure what the version is, but it tells me it's the latest....

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jockster

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation