Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Dmmack
Apprentice
Apprentice

So the Arlo Go looks like an LTE/4G version of the Arlo Pro, with the addition of Local Backup Storage, outdoor-approved power cable, a larger 3600mAh battery (compared to the 2440mAh Pro). Any differences in the lens, nightvision, and processing capability? Is this able to connect to WiFi also, or just cellular? Do I sense an Arlo Pro Plus coming soon (with SD card storage and the weatherproof power cable)? 

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you know as much as they tell us.... it's just announced

but it will be celluar only, no wifi... specs here ; http://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-go/default.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Very interesting camera.  Knowing this also has a recharable battery, the addtion of Cellular connectivity has to drain the battery a little bit more.  Interested in the how often this thing has to be recharged.  Also,  what is the cost of the connection? since it rides the AT&T network?  So many questions, guess we will have to wait to get them answered.......

donttrustthem
Star
Star

Another difference is price. "Starting at $449.95"  for just one camera that isn't even Full HD (1080p).  It will be interesting to see what the Chinese and other manufacturers put out within the next year that does the same at a much lower price, and likely a higher resolution. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Along with Apple phone clones all things change with time  🙂

But it will be interesting... and if your a person that needs it now you'll buy it.  I can see many uses for them in quick put up video needs... we use to do the same but from indivual parts... good idea.

Battery life will be interesting..wonder is same Solar panel for PRO will be used ( good combo )

Morse is faster than texting!
ReconyxSC950
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm not sure of how the AT&T plans are for multiple cameras with these. If I had to go with a proven winner on a camera with a 5 year warranty and wifi capabilities for $499.00 I had to go this route. 
Any camera that utilizes video will draw juice regardless. if you can handle solar panels around than that may work. I use lithium batteries for my Reconyx cams and only take still imagery because the Arlos are all on 1 router by wifi. The Buckeye camera package is simillar and can be used up to a mile or more away and not wifi on the internet.

There are quite a few variables out there but, you have to decide the trade off on each setup.

ovniologo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone confirm that this Arlo GO camera will have a free replacement if stolen and with policy report like other companies do?  With this kind of investment it will be a good idea.  

ReconyxSC950
Apprentice
Apprentice

Don't hold your breath on a stolen replacement. Insurance coverage on your behalf would be the thing to look into.

I don't know of any camera makers that reimburse for theft. There may be some but, I'd read into that clause on the coverage considering how the consumer had it installed etc. Too many variables to cover this.

Car manufactures don't cover your stolen car even with a theft deturant system installed. The insurance companies cover that. It's all about making that dollar in a consumer driven economy.

ovniologo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I didn’t think of talking with my home insurance in case I decide to buy one without stolen replacement.

Here are two companies that replace your camera if stolen.  Skybell and Ring.  Arlo should do the same.  Arlo???

Skybell

To be eligible for our theft replacement guarantee you must have purchased your SkyBell from an authorized SkyBell reseller. You must also provide us with proof of purchase and a police report. Guarantee valid only in the continental United States. You will be billed $19.95 for shipping and handling

Ring

If your Ring Doorbell is stolen, please contact us with a police report and we will replace it free of charge.

ReconyxSC950
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the informatiom on the replacement companies that follow the stolen camera rule. My door bell is not right inline with my door so that device wouldn't work in my situation.

If you PM me I'll send you the link to the hard wired 4k resolution system I'll be investing in sometime this Spring.

I'd rather do it that way as not to show partiality on Netgears forum. I post enough about the other system I use to couple it with the Arlo wireless setup.

RCSC950 

georgebalanchin
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Go seems to be a better option since it offers some interesting features and the capabilities have been enhanced. What I want to ask is how Arlo Pro and Arlo compare and if there's a major difference between these two models.

Which one would you guys recommend to buy?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation