Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Detection issues with 2 cameras. Can't get motion working unless I'm front of it?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ulao
Tutor
Tutor

I have two cameras I can not get motion working on unless I'm in front of the camera. Both act the same way. Both are go cameras.

Wifi strength are about %85

Batteries over %30

Sensitivity %100

New setup, AFAIK no special option are set.

They are both over looking large rooms and high up pointed at a slight angle looking down.

I read a lot of tips most that point to options I do not see in the arlo app. As mentioned if I put my hand in front of the camera it detects motion but anything walking past the field of view is not seen. Tried both night and day detection with the same results. I have yet to test for the yellow light (motion test). If anything, could anyone give me check steps that actually exist?  Lots of Arlo hits online that talk about mode option types that my app does not have. 

For example:

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Where is Trigger device,Trigger,Devices,Action?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Guess the KBs need some updating but it should be fairly obvious how to translate the old wording to the current app. Trigger device = what camera to use to detect motion, etc.

Are you setting motion detection in your modes and rules? The motion test is just a test. Rules get the settings to customize how each camera works. The camera position may also need work - check the KBs for best positioning practices. Post screenshots for suggestions.

ulao
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not seeing any of that, I'm ok being told I'm an idiot. Honesty I do not care, but I can not find that stuff. Not everyone likes these "phones". Most of us old IT guys prefer webpages.  So please, where are the setting you speak of?

ulao
Tutor
Tutor

Took me a while but I found the rules finally.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm retired IT and switch between apps and web all the time. Even web pages are "new-fangled" - I started with various text-based message boards pre-Internet.  🙂

Check the knowledge base articles in the support section here - there's a ton of info.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation