Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Deskto viewing on AT&T Arlo Go?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
jpb116
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just ordered an Arlo Go from AT&T.  I know about the phone app but I can't seem to find how to view the camera on a Windows desktop.  How can this be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

use your browser, make sure flash is properly turned on...

go here

https://arlo.netgear.com/

sign in with name/pw

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

use your browser, make sure flash is properly turned on...

go here

https://arlo.netgear.com/

sign in with name/pw

Morse is faster than texting!
SECURITYGUY47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any Arlo camera that can be live viewed without an internet connection? This should be available as the camera is already connected to the local network.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only the Q and Baby cameras are actually directly connected to your home network. The wireless cameras only connect to the base which is a portal to the servers. The whole system has been designed around cloud services so you need Internet access.  This is well-known and has been true from the start.  The Baby camera has direct live streaming to minimize lag but I don't know if you could start that without initially being connected to the servers.

(Semi-)interestingly, this is a question in the Arlo Go section. The Go has never been on your local network since it only uses cell service.

SECURITYGUY47
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am sorry probably wrong section. I am technician and I do not agree. If the cameras are connected to the base, the base has to connect to the internet somehow. Usually this is via a router. When the cameras connect to the base, and the base connects to the router, that means the cameras are actually connected to the network along with your other devices.

I really think the arlo business model is just trying to push people into subscriptions. This doesn't make sense from a techinical standpoint.

jpb116
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure why this is a discussion n this thread.  the question was about viewing the go on the internet through a PC instead of hte app.  This discussion isnt relevant to the original quesiton which was answered.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation